or Connect

Posts by dfoy

The weightloss thread is in Personal Growth. I try to stay around 300 calories for breakfast and 300 calories for lunch with a late afternoon snack of under 150 (we eat dinner kinda late so I need something in between). Dinner is usually just about whatever I want keeping portion control & healthy food in mind. Breakfast: Organic whole wheat English muffin with Morningstar Farms fake sausage patty and a slice of lowfat organic cheese (280 calories) or...
I'm late posting again, as usual, but for really good reasons this week....my 18 year old dd got into a car crash on her way back from a trip to see an ex- boyfriend (and I told her I didn't want her to go, btw, but being 18 & all, she knows everything: ). Luckily, she was only mildly injured but I had to travel to get her, take her to the dr for a look and we have been non-stop car shopping to replace her totalled car. Yuck, what a week! And we still haven't found a...
Morning everyone! Stilll holding at 144....but Aunt Flo is here for a visit, so hopefully when I weigh in at the end of the week, the scale will be a little different. Start:150 Last week:143-144 This week:144 Goal:135 Didn't walk all weekend since it was over 100 both days with heat index of 110. But today is much better (suppossed to be a high of 85) so I'll definitely get in an hour walk. Also will do my 90 min yoga class later today. goals this week: ...
http://www.drudgereport.com/gbflag.htm Wouldn't you think he would know this was wrong??? :LOL
Hilary, that's pretty creepy. And you can bet that Monsanto has plenty of cash to employ people for such purposes.
My FAVORITE book as a child, and I just found it going through some boxes: Mr. Rabbit and the Lovely Present by Charlotte Zolotow I remember my mother (now deceased) reading this to me over & over. I love the beautiful illustrations.
Another interesting development: Since installing the new security system, I am regularly getting alerts that a "trojan horse" is trying to get into my system. This new software that I installed traces the IP address to its network and location. In some instances I have an exact address. They are all different IP addresses and from all over the world. I plan on giving the security guy a call to let him know and see if they can use this info.
Jennifer Z...wasn't blaming my child...blaming the downloading. I DID have security on my system. Or so I thought. Apparently the virus was too new for the anti virus software I had. And I had installed updates regularly. I DO scan for viruses on all attachments and so does dh. I delete rather than open any unwanted or unsolicited email. And I don't use Outlook. The security guy from TWCable is the one who told me that this particular virus can be traced...
I got the Norton Internet Security software, recommended to me by the Time Warner Road Runner security person who phoned me about the situation. He highly recommended it. It has a firewall, anti virus, tools to decrease spamming and tools to disable cookies from "tracking" you. I had THOUGHT I had made it clear to my daughter that, after finding she had downloaded the Kazaa software, that she should remove it and stop downloading. Instead, she just took the...
(xposted on Activism) Warning for file downloaders but especially those of you with teenagers who use Kazaa or other file sharing sites: I have been offline for 2 days now. I spent about $100 and numerous hours trying to get back online because of a hacker. It seems that my 18 yo dd had been downloading music from a file sharing site. One of the files she downloaded had a virus. The virus enabled someone to take control of my computer and email account. They...