or Connect

Posts by dfoy

Anyone catch this story last week? http://news.findlaw.com/ap_stories/i...104505_14.html Quote: Israeli scientists reported Monday that they have had some preliminary success in growing egg-producing follicles taken from aborted human fetuses. Quote: Dr. Tal Biron-Shental, who presented the research Monday at the annual conference of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology, said the technique could one day be used...
Yes, the Evolve cd. I like the eclectic range of genres on this cd.
Ani DiFranco album as I peruse MDC. Anyone else heard it? Wow!
When we start attending church again (just too darn hard with a very spirited, attached toddler who won't go to the toddler room!), we will go to the Unitarian Universalist church. Both dh & I are free-thinkers and want dd to be the same. The UU church will teach her about all major religions and, of course, we will also teach her at home. Both dh & I have Christian Pagan leanings but also incorporate some Buddhist practices into our lives.
Let's call them "Bush supporters" - not conservatives. My dh has been a die hard conservative republican all his life - he was brought up this way. But NO WAY is he a Bush supporter. So, let's clarify: not all conservative Republicans are Bush supporters.
Thanks. Joyce! I've just emailed the interview to several of my friends who don't read Truthout. Very compelling.
Read this earlier today and thought the whole speech was excellent. I wish there were more like him to speak out. I particularly liked this: Quote: Although some timorous steps have been taken in the past few days to begin a review of this intelligence - I must watch my terms carefully, for I may be tempted to use the words "investigation" or "inquiry" to describe this review, and those are terms which I am told are not supposed to be used - the proposed...
OK...here's something to throw into the mix - I'm married to a widow. If what you are all saying is true, then even though I will have been married to him longer than he knew his 1st wife, I will take sort of a "back seat" in the after life. Sorry, I don't believe it. And I think if any of you are ever in my position, you would not believe it either. I, personally, believe in reincarnation and we keep coming back again to those we've been close to in previous...
NM, I'll just respond to one of your issues you listed. EDUCATION. Buch is the WORST education president ever. If you think he has returned education to the states and local school boards, you are wrong. Ask any educator and they will tell you that we no longer have ANY control at the state level or the local level because of Bush's policies. "No Child Left Behind" is an unfunded FEDERAL mandate that leaves schools scrambling to make AYP (adequate yearly...
Actually, yes, Kline and Ashcroft are friends. I do not think lorijds is overstating the issues. I live in KS also, and I've read much about it from an educator's standpoint. Educators are also compelled to report abuse. Yes, it is his INTERPRETATION, but he expects the law to be followed according to his interpretation of it. I do imagine his interpretation will be challenged. Can you imagine the responsibility this puts a high school nurse in? School...