or Connect

Posts by dfoy

Had my 1st dd at 24. She is now 18 & just graduated from high school. Had my 2nd dd at 42. She will be 2 next month! My patience is a little shorter than it was at 24 but I also have a MUCH more spirited child this time around than my 1st dd was. My 1st was very even tempered. This little one definitely is not! Anyway, she is a blessing and I have plenty of energy to run after her. I wouldn't do anything differently.
Read this: http://truthout.org/docs_03/062103A.shtml This exchange took place on Meet the Press: CLARK: "There was a concerted effort during the fall of 2001, starting immediately after 9/11, to pin 9/11 and the terrorism problem on Saddam Hussein." RUSSERT: "By who? Who did that?" CLARK: "Well, it came from the White House, it came from people around the White House. It came from all over. I got a call on 9/11. I was on CNN, and I got a call at my...
http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=16215 Quote: WorldCom, shortly to become MCI, has been given a contract worth $45 million in the short term to build a wireless phone network in Iraq. I learned via The Associated Press that Washington Technology, a trade newspaper that follows computing-related sales to the U.S. government, "found WorldCom jumped to eighth among all federal technology contractors in 2002, with $772 million in government sales." And...
It just gets scarier by the minute, doesn't it.
Excellent article regarding the current destruction of our civil liberties: http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=16110 Quote: Since founding the RFC in 1990, Meeropol has overseen the distribution of $1.1 million in grant monies to help the children of activist parents who have suffered consequences of their actions. The RFC, which also supports "targeted" activist youth, does not always agree with the activism of their grantees. The point, says...
I am frustrated, enraged and fed up! I am attending the Dean rally in my city next Monday. Maybe there's a chance to get a viable candidate who will tell it like it is and take it to the Bush admin. Here's a copy of an email I recieved from MoveOn. Permission is given in the email to pass along: __________________________________________________ Leading up to the MoveOn Primary next Tuesday, we've offered to forward emails from the three candidates who...
Just as I do not believe that Christianity or any other "religion" is the one true path to God or Enlightenment, I do not believe that any one book is literal, absolute truth. I do, however, believe that all "religions" offer spiritual truths, pathways to Enlightenment, which, of course, includes the written word on which the faith is based. My dh & I have quite an eclectic collection of "religious" literature. I try to live by this: "As a bee seeks nectar from...
Whattaloadacrappola! Who's the revisionist here? I agree, Joyce, the more they say it, the more likely people will believe it. I can't wait to vote these facist out of office. Every last one of them must go. It gets scarier and scarier by the minute.
Kinda stuck here, too. Last week:145 This week: 144 Loss: 1 measly little lb Goal: 135 But, my SIL was in town this past weekend and we did a little too much eating and drinking plus I didn't have a chance to walk all weekend. I did do the bowflex on Sunday with dh, but that's about all the exercise I could manage to squeeze in for the weekend. However, some of my clothes are feeling loose and I can get into some jeans (although they are a bit tight,...
I would love to have the time and will to do a daily practice but while I am off during the summer (I am a teacher) I usually get in 3 - 4 sessions of about 60-90 minutes in length per week while my 22 month old dd takes a nap. I also do strength training 3x per week after dd goes to bed and walk 45 - 60 minutes daily (4-5 miles) with her in the stroller. I have several tapes and yoga cds that I rotate through: Shiva Rea Yoga Sanctuary CD Total Yoga (Living...