or Connect

Posts by dfoy

Even tho my dd is 22 mo now, I still extremely dislike my post preg body. Stretch marks, saggy boobs, thicker waist, and a jiggle around the middle. I'm 8 lbs heavier that pre preg and cannot seem to lose it. My older sister says its because not only did I have a baby, but I'm into the 40's and that's when the female body truly starts going to hell (thanks, sis!). It's true that the metabolism slows considerably and the waist thickens. I'm just not ready to resolve...
In the car: Joni Mitchell - Hits Bob Marley Phish- Billy Breathes In the living room: Eric Clapton Ramones Dada Jayhawks Patty Griffens Playing now in dd #1's room (she's 18): Yessongs Playing now in dd #2's room (she's almost 2): Raffi And in the cd player in my bedroom: Shiva Rea Santuary yoga cds
Can I join? I'm trying to finally lose that baby weight from my 22mo old (about time, huh!) Beginning weight: 148 Last week: 147 This week: 145 Goal: 135 My height - 5'9" I am eating around 300 calories for breakfast, 300 for lunch, 250 for a late afternoon snack (we eat dinner really LATE) and pretty much whatever I want for dinner (within reason). I am walking 45 minutes to an hour every day (I used to be a runner but, sigh, my 43 year old knees...
Here's my summer reading list (sure to be expanded as soon as I'm part way through these): The DaVinci Code (I'm reading this now...it is AWESOME!) Dan Brown Drowning Ruth (my sister gave it to me to read) Christina Schwarz The Gnostic Gospels (I'm reading this now, also) Elaine Pagels Beyond Belief: The Secret Gospel of Thomas Elaine Pagels The Year the Colored Sisters Came to Town (a community book club selection so I can discuss it with my seminar...
My $0.02 is that your dh is not a mind reader. How is he supposed to know what turns you on unless you tell him? My bet is that he would find it VERY sexy for you to tell him what you want and he would start initiating those things on his own. He might also tell you some things that would surprise you about what turns him on. And you would most likely find that very sexy because what turns him on may not be as "vanilla" as you might think. My dh & I have an...
Bugs of any kind. All of a sudden she is afraid of them. Loves to play with worms, tho!
Used to be veg, now eat some chicken & fish. DH is a carnivore, the more meat, especially red meat, the better. He doesn't get it too often, though, since I do all the cooking. When we grill, I throw red meat on for him, fish for me. 22 mo old dd hates meat. Will not touch the stuff. She gets plenty of protien from dairy, soy & beans. She eats every fruit and vegetable I have given her. Everything she eats is healthy & organic (except for what grandma gives her! I...
We try to keep the shoes on dd...she wears mostly canvas tennies or Tevas. She loves to be barefoot, tho, and we let her do that in our own yard but insist on shoes when playing at the park or we go home (that is usually a good motivator). DD has fat feet and hard to fit, so I spend more than I'd like to get shoes that fit.
We use and love the Burt Bees products for bug repellent and California Baby sunscreen for DD & I use All Terrain AquaSport (at Wild Oats and Whole Foods). Works good for tennis since it is water/sweat proof and doesn't make you greasy.
Magnadoodle, books, a flashlight, Raffi CDs, and her fav mommie CDs, Joni Mitchell & Dave Matthews Band which she sings along to do the trick pretty well for my 22 month dd. Any car trip over an hour though and we've both pretty much had it! She's not a kid who likes to be confined for very long. I put one of those things that go on the back of the front seat that folds down into a soft tray type thing (in the car accessories at Target). DD puts her books on it so...