or Connect

Posts by Shanana

We had a nice time - family and some friends from the neighborhood. Chelsea and her kids would have been there but they were out of town. M got a new (bigger) bike (I love craigslist!), a marble run (Discovery Toys Marbleworks - I love craigslist!), a tutu/petticoat skirt thing, a stomp rocket, some books and a few other things. She had a great time and loved all her stuff. Then Chels came over the next day and brought her a pinata and the girls got to play for a while....
Ewe, I'm horrible at planning parties, but it sounds like Valerie had some good ideas! I bet you guys will have a blast!
Oh my Valerie! That recipe sounds delicious, thank you! And what exciting news about the writing opportunity . 5th birthday ... there have been no gift requests (yet), but every day she wants to know how many days are left (and since she's at the end of the month, she has a while to wait yet ). I bought a stomp rocket for a friend's birthday a few months ago, and got an extra one for M to give on her birthday. Beyond that I haven't thought much about gifts. I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc Chelsea, can you have almonds? (there's so many nuts allergies around - I prefer to ask) I have a decadent brownie recipe using almond flour and almond butter (no grain). It's so good and nutricious that it's a very good substitute to sandwiches at lunch! Shanana Yay for the cure to insomnia! Any of you on Facebook? Valerie, I would love to have the recipe too! I'm trying to get started...
Valerie, yep, the kids and I are taking a magnesium supplement . I've been working with a local herbalist since last fall, and he is amazing!!!! He said virtually everyone is magnesium deficient because our soils have been stripped of it. So even in foods that are "high" in mag, people still aren't getting enough. He's not big into supplements (preferring instead to get nutrition / healing from foods and plants/herbs), but that's one of the few he advises, in addition...
Hi guys, it was nice to see a notification for this thread pop up in my inbox . We are doing well. M will be finishing up preschool next month. It has gone well overall - a few days she grumped and didn't want to go, but mostly it has been good. She can sound out words, but is still resistant to doing things when she knows we want her to do them, lol, so I don't push it too much. Only when the school sends home a book for her to read as "homework." I am terribly...
Okay good - because I bought organic tea today! I can't figure out why they said that?!
So my friend got a SCOBY from Laurel Farms (recommended Kombucha supplier in NT). She passed a baby to me, along with a copy of the Laurel Farms instructions. They say not to use organic tea because it can cause mold. NT says to definitely use organic tea because non-organic has high levels of fluoride. I'm about this. I know someone who used to brew kombucha and they said they used organic tea with no problems. Why would the Laurel Farms instructions say...
New kombucha brewer here! With my first batch I did a second ferment ... three bottles total (I used these from Ikea), one with a little cranberry juice, one with a little cherry juice and one with some frozen raspberries. I found the ones with juice to be a little too sweet (to be fair, I used 2 c sugar to 3 qts water to brew my kombucha, which I think was too much). But the bottle with the raspberries was delicious!!! It was so much fizzier than the other two...
DD1 (almost 4) has had a balance bike (Kinderbike) since she was about 2. She showed ZERO interest in it until a few weeks ago, when we finally got her to ride it after watching several of her friends give it a go. Well, she is rockin' that thing now! She goes like crazy and glides for long distances. Her 4th birthday is at the end of July and I'm going to get her a pedal bike (no training wheels) for her birthday. We got the Kinderbike new off ebay for around $40, as...