or Connect

Posts by Best Feeling

Quote: Originally Posted by hotharmony they have some strict guildlines as to who qualifies for birthing there. You have to take a childbirth class(of your choosing) and a birthcenter orientation. Their "strict guidelines" are that you can't be a high-risk birth. Your midwife will have to sign off on it (or OB, as in my case). I wasn't required to do a childbirth class with my 2nd so you may be able to get out of that since, if I'm reading your...
I birthed two babies at the Providence Birth Center, which is in the hospital but separate from the L&D ward. None of their midwives were covered by my insurance so I went with an OB (out of Livonia) who was fine. My experiences at the birth center were awesome It's an hour drive for me but totally worth it. The nurses were terrific and followed my birth plans to a T both times. Babies never left my side...I'm trying to think what else...it's been 4.5 years since my...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamatoady thanks everyone. Dh is gone 2 months at a time, so packing for him is not an option--he keeps a little food, like bread and penut butter in the truck, but other than that he has to pay for fast food/restaurant/truck stop food. Would he be open to stopping at a grocery store every few days instead of eating fast food? THAT would save a ton of money.
We are currently living on 40% of our total household income b/c DH was laid off a couple of weeks ago. We have saved aggressively for years and the only debt we have is our mortgage so it's not bad. Yet.
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ First of all, I love being a dork. Secondly, I do live where there is a lot of snow and ice and my van has AWD. I feel very safe in my van. The majority of ditch divers are trucks and SUV's. I rarely see a van in the ditch. Oh, and my van seats 8 people. The center row has three removable bucket seats. The rear row is a bench seat that I don't use for car seats. That row is reserved for the agile nephews...
I look at it kind of like an anniversary or birthday which is marked by the date not the number of days. I vote for the 5th.
I get like that once in a while. I always find making pro/con lists helps put things into perspective for me. My kids are happy, they LOVE preschool/school activities, love seeing their friends and teachers there, and they love the extra activities (gymnastics, ballet) that we can afford for them to do by my having a good job. I also try to be honest with myself...I can be super mom on the weekends doing lots of fun activities, involving them in more mundane things like...
I've been both and I think that time of day is just rough for toddlers. Is there a calming, quiet activity he can do? I know if I took a few minutes to read a story or watch a short video (*gasp*) it helped mellow them out a bit and not be climbing all over me when I'm trying to make dinner, etc. Now that they're older, they help me cook
For me two things: 1) I lowered my standards. I try to keep the downstairs in company presentable shape. Not spotless but clean. Not perfectly organized but mostly tidy. 2) Pretty much every day, I spend 15 minutes tidying and/or cleaning. 15 mintues always seems doable and it seems to be enough to keep the house from completely deteriorating. This doesn't count laundry though b/c DH does that...
Good luck! My mom used to be our DCP and, while she was awesome in almost every other regard, food was a constant issue and I'm not even that picky about food!! After going round and round, in a nice way, I finally ended up packing food for each day and asking that they only be fed what I provided. It felt way too controlling but it is the ONLY thing that worked because it left no grey area.