or Connect

Posts by tamaralv

Quote: Originally Posted by leighann79 I've been asked to potlucks where it said to "bring your own tableservice". Never thought twice about it. What nice wording I was thinking more along the lines of "save a tree, bring a plate" but yours is much clearer lol!
SO what are some of the more natural "mascara" type products out there? I like to have something on my lashes those 5 nights a year I actually wear make-up, but *hate* the way it irritates my eyes.
We have similar issues with items from loved ones who have passed away. I have held onto items for over 5 years in boxes b/c they belonged to someone I loved. recently I purged a huge (well, huge for me lol) closet and ended up throwing away many of the items, donating others to a fundraiser garage sale, putting others in a bag to offer to my cousin, and finally leaving a few questionable sentimental items in a box to be addressed when I have the emotional energy to get...
Thank you for compiling this! Bumping to read after DD goes to bed Mama wants her own machine this year!
Quote: Originally Posted by rabbithorns My dh made one from a drawing I made and our memory of our dd's old one years ago. It cost $30 from new materials as I recall. He made it last year for our temple kids' room. It was just 3 1x8ish pieces, two for the sides and one for the shelf. Drilled 2 holes for a 1" dowel and a 1x2 support for the shelf, I think. Very easy. My dd used it for endless puppet shows (and I do mean endless!). If you have...
Shoe organizers. You know, the ones that hang over the door and have about 16 or so pockets with clear windows on them I have one on my bedroom door that I use to hold scarves and gloves, seasonally (read : in winter it is scarves and gloves, in summer it holds pareos and beach/swim goodies). I have one in the bathroom for lotions, hair products, brushes, etc. I have one in the kitchen (yes, I'm a shoe hanger junkie) that is inside the pantry door that holds packets...
So did you use the entire bolt?
I love the idea of making a skirt! I'm not sure of how your table is, but could you buy a large piece of plywood or something and attach it to the top of the table? You could make it a little longer or wider that way if you wanted to do so. I think the top of the table shouldn't be too awful for you if you have stuff neatly stacked on it, anyway Or make a slipcover for it that goes around the shelves if you add shelves. OR Add shelves to the walls and make a...
Super-quick summary: African-America parents who homeschool beleive their kids will learn more at home than at school. Different reasons to choose to homeschool. *fear of violence *wanting to teach their kids more about AA history than is taught in schools *think parents can do better job *etc Huge increase in HS in the past few years, more anglo than african-am homeschooled students. NEA dude says parents should work to make public schools better, not take...
I have a RS for my 2 y/o and she doesn't like to have it on her. On the other hand, she *loves* it when I fashion a sling for her babies (and mine, of course) out of a playsilk. So my vote would be for a pouch as well. Save the rings for later I would use a canvas or bottom-weight fabric for the tote - it's not going to be too big, just for her to carry, right? I am getting a diaper for my DD's "baby" but am also going to sew a simple "underwear" for the baby...