or Connect

Posts by tamaralv

Quote: Originally Posted by jessicafairy I'm making that bunny as well, only I didn't feel like knitting a square so I'm using a felted wool sweater. We like to do an egg hunt outside as well. I need to find little things for inside the eggs... Awesome idea about using felted wool! I need to start thinking more outside the box for these sorts fo things! For inside the eggs, how about a hanky sized playsilk? Or small springy things that...
We don't do *a lot* for Easter, but I do want a small basket for my daughter. Here are what I want in it: (1) LOVE the wood egg idea! DD has been pointing out eggs EVERYWHERE but darnit if they aren't mostly breakable ones she can't handle on her own. Hobby Lobby, Michael's, your local dime or craft store should have those forms. Or you can get crazy and paper-mache your own (that will NOT be me. This year ) (2) a few easter-colored playsilks, different...
I agree about boxing it up and letting them know you appreciate their generosity in letting you use the toys, but you are n olonger using them and cannot store them in your house. Ask them if they would like to have them back (again, they are boxed up and no one has to actually see them) or if they would like for you to give them to someone else or a charity. You shouldn't have to keep them in your house. Your sanity in a decluttered space is just as important as...
Neat idea! I have a basket of scrunchies I can't manage to throw away (they're bound to be good for *something*!!?!?!) and this sounds like a terrific project for my toddler! Thank you!
Quote: Originally Posted by Guinevere Rain gutters. Seriously... screw a length of rain gutter into the wall next to the toilet --the nice "U" shape holds books and magazines really well and it's totally cheap (and creative!) Guin I never thought about that for the bathroom! I lvoe the raingutter idea for children's book displays Here is a link to visualize it: http://www.trelease-on-reading.com/oliver.html
This isn't what you are asking for inasmuch as it isn't on the side of the vanity, but I once saw a woman use an over-the-door towel rack (it had horizontal strips of covered metal, about 4 "strips," one for each towel). Instead of hanging her towels, she draped magazines over the strips. Hard to explain, but maybe you can picture what I'm trying to say...
Earlier I had bookmarked a number of knit/crochet food patterns but now I cannot find them Can someone point me to their favorite (free!) pattern? I had a number of veggies and fruits, both Thank you! Tamara
I've done: eggs and bacon pancakes and syrup cookies (oreos, sugar cookies, fruit newtons, choco chips) On my list to do are: *tacos (tortillas, lettuce piece, tomato circles, cheese slice, beans circle) *sandwich (breads, cheeses, lettuce, mustard, pickles, brown ambiguos "could be meat, could be a bean spread" piece) *pitas (uses a lot of similar fillings from above) *donuts (I love adding beads as sprinkles - dd doesn't put stuff in mouth) *sushi (though not...
I like how you painted the faces, too! I made a few bendys following a craftalong-type tutorial at another web site, then got crazy and ordered the book you used (got it just this week). THanks for sharing your work! To the poster who wants to make a nativity set of bendies - me too! lol I have a nativity collection and have been mulling over how I'll dress everyone in my bendy nativity. I'm on craft overload and will NOT be atempting it until the new year, but I'd...
This is a pattern for making a one-hour cover out of fleece. I haven't tried it, but thought of your post when I ran across it this afternoon (I clearly need to spend less time reading in the craft forum on mdc, lmao!) http://www.hancockfabrics.com/jump.j...emType=CONTENT hth! Tamara