or Connect

Posts by tamaralv

Kristi - I don't have any advice for you, but wanted to post to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for asking this question!!!! I have grain moths (pretty sure!) in teh pantry and they are driving me NUTS but I didn't know what they were called - I've never heard of these things before. Bless your heart now I have a name for these devils (I looked them up and they seem to be what are tormenting me) and now read there are traps for them. Sigh - It's been a frustrating year with...
I just got a pair from Reb at rebstiedye.com and am having her make a few more for my daughter. I'm pleased with the ones we got, and DD is so excited about her new panties, lol! She has a nice selection of prints or can tiedye them for you. You can ask her about sizing - that sort of thing has always been a mystery to me lol reb is a WAHM who makes her own diapers and training pants (and inserts, and...)
Hello! I read this post b/c I feel we are in the same boat as far as I have an 18 mo/old and am trying to decide if she is reday to toilet learn, or if I am just being pushy. I don't *think* I'm being pushy, but who knows. Anyway - I am a first time mom and pretty clueless about this whole thing. Do your kids wear dipes when they are first learning potty use? I use disposables now but wanted to trade to cloth, but wonder if it's just a disruption if she's starting to...
Hi there,! I don't even feel qualified to answer your post, as I don't homeschool yet and yadda yadda yadda. But I saw the title and it called to me. I can remember being like your daughter - about to enter 5th grade and wanting to read, read, read. All I wanted to read was fiction. Though I read some things above, some at and some below level. I was a good reader. The reason I am writing to you is because 5th grade is when I got sent to the principal's office for...
Ooops! I forgot to add - your Dr Bronner's should do the trick for you as well. I vaguely remember seeing apost about the recipe sugegstion for that, and I think it was here on MDC, but I don't know where, specifically. And I went back and found a link for you here on MDC about swifter refills with vinegar and EO's: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=302266 Cheers! Tamara
OK, if the Swifter works for you... Don't throw it out just yet! I use mine now (but am looking for something with a longer handle) but instead of using their disposable pads I use washcloths dunked in a mixture of (I think this recipe is correct, but not 100% sure) 1 gal water, 1/3 (or more) cup white vinegar and some (I don't know how many drops, lol) tea tree oil. the TTO I just add b/c dh can't stand the smell of vinegar (which, btw, goes away after it very quickly...
I've had my eye on those bowlers for a while. i think they are precious! My mom bought DD a pair of pedoodles (the navy and white tennis ones on sale) and dd gets a ton of use out of them. They were on sale when we bought them, had free shipping, and are nicely made. They also go with her outfits pretty well (nice, generic style - though seriously - the bowlers are totally on my list of shoes to buy lol) Tamara
Quote: Originally Posted by MyBabiesCome1st I took it as they were kinda making fun of owning a SUV. Sarcasm, or what have you. That's how I read it, too. But I think that's b/c *I* would have said that. I can't imagine a gas station would mean it my way
I organize dd's clothes in stacks in her crib I *had* to buy when pregnant and have never used for its intended purpose (booooo! I know that's not organized). What I'm supposed to be doing, however, is using baskets in a bookshelf, as suggested by a previous poster. I love this system, and it can be used for so many different things - clothes now, toys later (if we ever get that dresser, lol). I've also used the hanging "sweater shelves" for the closet to store dd's...
LMAO! I was one of the "I wouldn't spend all the money" voices from earlier in the thread. But to answer your most recent question - if you can find a way to do it for less, and really really want to go, then I'd say go for it! Personally, I wouldn't let the current threat level sway me from going. I think in this day and age, you are going to see a certain level of threats, regardless of timing. My heart is with those in London,a nd with loved ones there, but talking...