or Connect

Posts by 2happymamas

It's time for me to join here. My youngest DD is five months and I have actually gained 15 pounds since she was born. I only gained 10 pounds with the pregnancy and was 5 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight at 4 weeks pp. Since then, I have gained 15lbs. It's ridiculous. I weigh what I did the day I gave birth and eat healthier than ever. I have thyroid issues and had my levels checked, as I was concerned that my medication may have needed to be upped. Nope, levels were...
Just a heads up.....WF has a living social coupon today. $10 spent gets a 20 voucher. Nice, huh?
I have used this recipe for the past 2 years. http://www.pickyourown.org/applesauce.htm
I have a loaf of sourdough bread from dinner last night that was not eaten. Instead of getting rid of it, I was thinking about making a batch of croutons (just frying the pieces of bread in olive oil and seasoning with salt/pepper). How long will they remain good on the shelf?
We average $150 per week. That is for two adults (one nursing a baby), one toddler, 2 school aged boys for 3 meals per week, and my MIL for 2 dinners per week. That includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. It really does not buy all that much. I usually just get meat, milk, fruits, vegetables, coffee, and other dairy (yogurt, cheese, etc). We buy very little processed foods and most of what we get is organic. I really don't feel as though I am making a lot of...
DD is getting ready to start preschool at a local church. We are paying $100 per month for M, W, and F from 9:00 - 11:30.
Yes, she is gaining weight. She was 6lbs., 1 oz. at birth and gained 4 lbs. in 2 months. She's alert when awake, laughing and cooing. She just sleeps.all.the.time. 
How much sleep is too much? DD, 8 weeks, seriously sleeps about 22 hours per day. She has been like this since birth and it used to be really hard to even get her to eat, although that problem has gotten much better. She wakes up long enough to eat and immediately goes back to sleep.    She fell asleep last night, after being awake for about 45 minutes, at 8:00. She slept until I went to bed at 11:30 and was awake for all of 10 minutes (just long enough to nurse)....
  Merryn Violet was born on 04/16/2011. She was four days old in these pictures. I LOVE the one of her and her older sister, Colette.
DW and I are currently in the waiting game. My water broke this morning at 3:00 and contractions have not really started yet. I was having contractions this morning after the water broke but they stopped after I went back to sleep from 5:00-7:00am. DW and I went on a 2 mile walk and they started again, but stopped after taking a nap this evening. I am trying really hard to be patient, but patience isn't exactly my strongest attribute, lol.    My MW is on her way to...