or Connect

Posts by 2happymamas

I definitely lost mine in the midst of active labor. It was about 4 hours before DD's birth.
We started vaccinating at 6 months. DD is now 26 months and has had the following; DTaP, Pc, Hib, and polio. New baby girl will also start around 6 months and we will begin with the same ones. According to DD's ped, she does not need anymore for quite sometime. She said to get the MMR between the ages of 4-6. That'll likely be the next one.
I am planning a homebirth and am definitely testing. Like others, this is in case of a transfer. Also, it's not invasive to the baby and a positive result can have negative consequence to my child. Not a risk I am comfortable with taking.
DD takes the Rainbow Light kids vitamin and Rhino Acidophilus daily.
DD (26 months) is in daycare three days per week at a center. Today, we received the following note (sent to all toddler parents):   Mrs. X's Cold Weather Challenge   I am challenging all parents to spend 30 minutes outside this evening dressed in the same type of clothing and outerwear your child brings to "X Center." If you are too cold to bare it, so is your child. Today was 35 degrees with a windchill factor of 25 degrees. Many children were dressed in...
There aren't really any hotels within walking distance of the museum. How much are you wanting to spend on a room?
I have not tracked caloric intake, but am fairly certain I am not getting enough protein. Pretty stinking sure. My MW is not advocating eating McDonald's and fatty foods to gain weight, but said she really wants me to hit the protein hard. Also, she does not expect me to gain 20 from this point, but that would have been ballpark of what she would have liked from the start.   As I stated in the OP, I have a really hard time with protein. Meat does not appeal much, nuts are...
  I need some good suggestions for gaining weight in this pregnancy. I started out overweight at 5'5 and 175lbs. I am now 30 weeks pregnant and weight 171. My fundal height is perfect and, at the 20 week scan, baby was measuring within a day of where she should be.   I lost about 5lbs. in the 1st trimester, gained all five back and was at 177.5 (2.5 overall gain) until the I got sick. I got a stomach bug in mid-December (vomiting) and then had diarrhea for 2-3...
I need some good suggestions for gaining weight in this pregnancy. I started out overweight at 5'5 and 175lbs. I am now 30 weeks pregnant and weight 171. My fundal height is perfect and, at the 20 week scan, baby was measuring within a day of where she should be.   I lost about 5lbs. in the 1st trimester, gained all five back and was at 177.5 (2.5 overall gain) until the I got sick. I got a stomach bug in mid-December (vomiting) and then had diarrhea for 2-3 weeks. I...
I work in child welfare and drug testing is common (around here) of infants born in the hospital. Not every baby is tested, but it is often at the discretion of the hospital, doctor, nurses, etc. Who gets tested is often dependent upon stereotypes, education, how a person presents, and appearances. Not saying it's right, but that's how it is here. And if the baby tests positive, child protective services will very likely be contacted.   If I was the OP and took...