or Connect

Posts by 2happymamas

Totally normal. I felt kicks after having DD semi-regularly, although they decreased as she got older. And there was no way I could have been pregnant, as I am married to another woman and am certain I will not have any surprise pregnancies.
Personally, I would take the Benadryl and get some sleep. Would I want to take it every night? No, not at all. I really try not to take medications such as those while pregnant, but sometimes it happens.   With DD, I took a handful of Vicodin at 38 weeks pregnant when I developed kidney stones, was in a ton of pain, and had not slept more than 8-9 hours total in 4 days. DD is fine. Last night, I took a dose of cough syrup with codeine because I have influenza and a...
We will not have DD, who will be almost 28 months, at the birth. She tends to get really worried if she thinks there's anything wrong with me and I would like to be able to concentrate on labor without fear of scaring her. If I am in active labor during the day, she will be sent to daycare and my MIL will get her immediately after the baby is born. She could be home within 1/2 hour of the birth. If I have the baby at night, I will likely send DD up to my MIL's room (she...
DD is 24 months and has shown an interest in using the toilet for a few months now. We started using pull-ups instead of diapers and while she uses the toilet sometimes, she mostly uses the pull-up as she would a diaper. Granted, we totally slacked off quite a bit and have not been consistent in asking her to use the toilet.    DD loves her underwear and has recently been asking to wear her panties. DW is off work this week (daycare closed over the holiday) and we...
I have not posted on this thread in a long time....Life has been crazy busy.   I am now 21 weeks pregnant with our second DD. DW and I are so happy to be having another daughter. DD1, Colette, will be 2 in one month. This pregnancy is going really well. I am finally getting more energy and have started feeling her move more the past 2-3 days. We are planning to have another homebirth this time, although it may be up in the air right now. The 20 week showed a...
-what the daily activities are and how DD did (cooperative, engaged, uniterested, etc) -whether she ate all, some, or none of her food. -how she did during naptime (slept, laid quietly, or was disruptive) -overall mood for the day -any issues for the parents to be aware of She got her first "negative" report today. Apparently, she said "shit" several times. She's 22 months.
Quote: Originally Posted by vbactivist OP - I think your best option might be to put the baby up for adoption and stay away from men for awhile. It seems as if you still need to work some things out in your personal and financial life. Good luck! Seriously!?!?!? Perhaps I missed something, but I did not see anything in the OP's posts that indicated she may not want to keep this child. The implication that she should not raise her child due to...
Dr. Mary Soper -- she delivers at Methodist and Clarian North. Probably one of your best bets for a VBAC in a hospital. She's totally cool with partners catching the baby and will pretty much go with most birthplans. You can birth in the water, delay cord cutting, no iv, etc. She actually is the OB who provides back-up care to the birthing center. Some people do not care for her bedside manner, but DW and I thought she was hilarious! If I was to have a hosital birth,...
My MW typically does not see people until 10-12 weeks. I am 9 weeks today and our first appointment is in a couple weeks...I will be 11+3.
Contact BABS (Bloomington Area Birth Services) for more information. Here is a link to the website: http://www.bloomingtonbirth.org/