or Connect

Posts by maxwill129

I'd do it. It can't hurt. My DD has a gluten sensitivity and she gets extremely fatigued with any gluten, even a tiny bit, and that fatigue lasts a handful of days.
Quote: Originally Posted by texaspeach I try not to buy specialty products. no gf bread or cookies except on special occasions. we use rice or potatoes instead of pasta, corn tortillas instead of flour, etc. I agree. I never buy anything premade. We don't do bread at all. I make homemade GF tortillas and crepes and we fill them with almond butter and homemade jelly or thinly sliced veggies, etc instead of using bread. I always make my...
We go see Dr. Halstrom at Williams Integracare in Sartell. He's not a pediatrician, it's a small clinic, and it sometimes can be hard to get in with the doctor versus NP...HOWEVER they are very natural minded there, are totally okay with us not vaccinating and will try alternative medicines before conventional a lot of the time.
Quote: Originally Posted by CT Mommy We used to live in CT too now MN. I physical is required to enter Kindy here (even at private schools) and though I exempted for the vacs, I still had to turn over the physical info. Anyone know if MN has an exemption for this? Maybe your school has a requirement for a physical, however MN state law RECOMMENDS but does not REQUIRE a physical to enter kindergarten. They just require vax records/vax's up...
So did the teacher tell you that she refused to let your DS eat the Oreos or did your DS tell you that? I found out this year that sometimes my DS's point of view on a situation is different than the teacher's. I'm not saying your DS lied...but sometimes what a child perceives to be true isn't true. For an example, my DS told me that he got sent out of a reading group and had to go read with a peer instead because he was slowing down the group. What really happened...
Quote: Originally Posted by MittensKittens It is also possible the school staff don't actually know about the possibility of exemption, because they have never dealt with one before. In that case, they will learn something from you This was the case for me. We were the first family in my child's school to not vaccinate due to conscientious exemption. I had to actually find the statute and read it to the lady on the phone and let me tell you,...
Bubble and Bee makes an AWESOME deoderant that actually works. Here's the web address: http://www.bubbleandbee.com/servlet/...t-Putty/Detail She has two scents of the pit putty, I use the one above. It's spendy, but worth it IMHO. She does have two other types of deoderants, I think. I really like Stephanie, too. She's super nice and makes all her stuff in small batches.
Hugs to you! I just put down my kitty yesterday. I haven't stopped crying since. I've had her for 13 years and I woke up to nurse the baby in the middle of the night and was waiting for her to jump up with me...before I realized that she's gone. My mom and MIL said that time is really the only thing that really helped them.
That's always been a sign of Thrush for me (dealing with that now). I know if you google thrush or look in bfing books it will say that a painful nipple and breast AFTER nursing is a sign. For me I always have an achy/painful breast and within a few days my nipple begins to hurt. A few days after that it gets to be really painful, feeling like glass in my nipple (all the while my breast still aching/hurting). My children have never gotten the white patches in their...
I agree with the PP that said you're on the right track. Just be firm without being a jerk and definately talk to the person in charge. I just went through this, not with WIC, but our school district and had to actually bring in printouts of the law. Once I showed the lady what the law was, she immediately apologized stating she had idea that was legal. Sometimes people are just ignorant.