or Connect

Posts by scrabblelover

My first was an intended Uc with a hospital transfer (i freaked in transition, no need to transfer) she was born 7 mins. later.  our whole experience there was horrid. My 2nd was a UC waterbirth.  It was perfect. normal.  fun. I am now pregnant with #3 and will definitely UC waterbirth again.  I know there are reasons for a hospital - placenta previa, placenta abruption, etc. - real emergencies.  other than that there is no way i would ever consider a hospital...
my 1st was an intended UC with a hospital transfer (i freaked in transition, no need for transfer) she was born perfectly 7 min. later.  the hopital was horrible to me and to her. my 2nd was a UC.  it was perfect. normal.  I am now pregnant with my 3rd and will UC this one.  there is no way you could convince me to go to a hospital after my 2 experiences.  Yes, there are reasons for hospitals - placenta previa, placenta abruption.  true reasons, of course i would...
love, love, love, love Hypnobirthing!!!!! We took our class in GA and it was fabulous. it was my 2nd birth, which was an easy, pretty painless, UC waterbirth. the relaxation techniques i learned were worthy 100 times what we paid. Unfortunately the lady who taught our class has since moved, but you can go to the website and find a provider. if you have any more questions please contact me.
your baby is beautiful. she just happens to be small. someone has to be at the bottom end of the percent and it doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong. you are giving her exactly what she needs. i say this, with experience, my dd is 18 months and weighs 19pds. she is below 5%. but she is growing, happy & nursing. you are doing a great job and don't let them tell you differently!
I don't have alot to offer except moral support. i understand, my 3 yo dd hits her 15 month old sister. Some days i feel like pulling my hair out and running away. one thing you can try is trying to voice their feelings for them. when an episode happens if you see what sets it off, say sister takes a toy. restrain him if you have to and say, "you want to say - i'm mad, mad, mad, mad. " etc. just keep voicing it like you are them. also, for me giving dd any anger...
i know this is only my experience, but hey.... i was a very lucky mother. my 2 dd NEVER had any problems, latched on perfectly right away. they are now 2 1/2 and 11 months and i nursed my eldest throughout my pregnancy. she is still nursing and i feel will be for atleast another year. my husband agreed from the beginning about CLW, but once we had the kids he changed his view to he can't believe people who wean early or don't BF. if i try to tell him a story of...
That's funny, i have a friend who bought her BumGenius at the same time and they are still perfect. They look and work like brand new. I have a fuzzi bunz and the elastic and PUL are now shot on it as well. Could this be hard water?
i'm sick over this. please tell me if you can help. we had BumGenius one-size for dd, after about 12 months all of the elastic busted in the legs and the PUL was scratchy to the touch and leaked. I called customer service and sent in my diapers. they said the PUL was pretty much ruined and asked all kinds of questions. what detergent? Purex free and clear (this is supposed to be okay) They said i shouldn't have dried them on high (my mistake) and i shouldn't...
Thanks for the encouragement. you are exactly right, the second time you at least have experience behind you. I had DH check dialation out of curisosity and he said, "how dialated do you want to be?" WHAT? "you are definitely 2 but your cervix is so thin and pliable i can move it" We are in Atlanta in a rental house for his work until next Saturday, so we really don't want to have the baby yet. we want to get back home. but i can tell it is going to be soon. i...
Thanks for the response. one problem last time was i didn't have typical contractions. my contractions started out double peaked and would last 10 mins, and then break for 60 secs. So needless to say, i was worn out. i think now some of that could have been from dehydration so i am staying on top of that now. we've also taken the Hypnobirthing classes this time so we've been doing the breathing and affirmations for a couple of months now. it has helped...