or Connect

Posts by scrabblelover

We use BumGenius on dd but they are a little bulky on a newborn. I plan on using prefolds during the day but would like something else during the night. Dd never liked having her diaper changed at night from an early age so i'm looking for something absorbant. this is only for the first 4 weeks or so until the BG fits better. Also, what covers do you like for newborns?
dd has a play house outside with slide and climbing area, so we went outside and climbed the rest of the afternoon to see if it would help. She loved it but, it didn't curb the inside climbing. Oh well, the weather is nicer now, we can spend more time outside. Plus, there is a new playground down the road so we'll see if it helps.
So dd is 17 months and very melodramatic and starting to get into everything, which i know is normal. The newest thing is she will climb into a kitchen chair and stand there and dance. Then she will jump onto the table!! She's a little daredevil! If she's standing in the chair i go and get her down and say, "we don't stand in chairs they are for sitting" and put her on the floor, repeat as needed. If it continues i remove the chairs to the living room so they are...
I understand where you are coming from. My dd at that age was going through the exact same thing. All of he sudden waking more often, sometimes as much as every 45 min!!! She is now almost 17 months and back down to 1,2 or3 times a night. She was not eating hardly any solids then either. I think it is completely normal. At that age they are learning to walk, talk, cutting teeth, just growing so fast. I think that has something to do with it. You could try...
6 months! I'm still angry about it. no pacis, bottles and unrestricted nursing ALL the time. hopefully it will be longer this time.
Here's the situation. Dd is 14 months and i am 8 weeks pg. She still nursed atleast every 2 hours during the day. up until a month ago we co-slept. then it seemed like whenever we came in the room or rolled over she woke up and she ended up being up every hour all night. So we tried her in her own room in her on "big be" (Queen size bed) This worked great. Sometimes she slept 9:30pm to 4 am and then i would bring her into our bed. But now, for the past 2 weeks...
My best friend had a baby at 18 and nursed him for 13 months. All my other friends nursed their babies. I never really thought of it as a choice, just knew i would do it. When dd was born she latched on when she was 2 min. old and hasn't stopped (now 14 months). it's NEVER been an issue. i feel truly blessed. I know so many women who had problems and my heart goes out to them. But for me it really was easy and natural. i'm now pg again and i pray i have the...
Come on guys give me your opinions. Please!
If you are delivering in a hospital the hospital bill can be negotiated. In this area (Alabama) a hospital birth is $1600. That includes a dr. All you do is say, "I do not have insurance, what is your cash pay price?" I worked in hospital/insurance billing for a long time. all bills are negotiable. once you tell them you are cash pay they will probably charge you 33% or less of the original price.
I just found out today i'm 5 weeks pregnant! Yah! But dd is only 13 months and still nurses 10-12 times a day. My worry is i will lose my milk. i will let her continue to nurse even if i lose my milk and hopefully she will continue until my colostrum comes in and then tandem with the new baby. So my thought was this, i could rent the hospital pump for a month or two and build up a really big stash in the freezer that way if my milk dries up for a while she can...