or Connect

Posts by scrabblelover

She is interested in food, but only to put it in her mouth and hold it like us. Then she wants to spit it out, which is fine, but she is starting to inhale it and that scares us. i want her to love food the way dh and i do so we are in no way pushing her to do anything she doesn't want too. i think i may try something on a spoon and see what her reaction is, she has not been offered a spoon yet. then if she doesn't like that just stop for a couple of weeks.
anybody have experience with this? ideas?
dd is 8 months and about 6 weeks ago we started occasionally offering her some finger foods (maybe 2-3 times a week)- avacado, mashed beans, steamed squash, sweet pot. She enjoys playing with it and tasting it, but she is starting to scare us. She takes the food in her mouth, seems to suck on it for flavor and then decide she doesn't want to swallow and tries to spit it out. But she doesn't know how so she sticks out her tongue and coughs. Which at first was cute...
Last night while nursing dd i had a pain in my nipple. a burning sensation right on the nipple, very localized, feels tiny, like the end of one duct. After she went to sleep the pain continued for about 5 min. i could not see anything on the nipple - no red place, it is not tender. this morning i felt it again while she was nursing. and it bothered me for awhile afterward. what could this be? she is 8 months and up until now we've had no problems.
it will pass. it may feel like forever, but it will get better. dd has always been a great sleeper, nursed at night but went right back to sleep. a couple of weeks ago she started waking up every hour to nurse from the time we put her down 7pm till we got to bed around midnight. then was waking up every 1-2 hours. After about 2 weeks when i was wondering what the heck was going on, she stopped and went back to her old pattern. so who knows why they go through this,...
Everything sounds normal to me. about that time dd's bowel movements slowed down. by 3 months she was only having them every couple of days. As long as there are wet diapers i wouldn't worry. dd slept alot at that age as well. she would even sleep 6 hour stretches at night. i just made sure to offer to her whenever she was awake. she may have little nursing sessions during the day and then nurse for an hour, then take a break for 30 min, then nurse another hour. ...
i took her to LLL and she liked it. We have plans to get together next week and i offered to help her return and exchange shower gifts. i think i'm going to encourage her to not by bottles yet (she is returning to work later) just so they are not in the house. i think you are right. i think i will just sit down and be like, "look i may seem pushy now, but i want the best for you and dd & i want to share some of my knowledge. Show her my dd latched on correctly,...
I have the Avent Isis & i pump very rarely, but i like it. I find that i need to either pump the other side while she nurses or wait until she's been sleeping for a couple hours and then pump. But i'm also lazy and want it fast! i'm not willing to sit for long and wait for a let-down. At around $60 i think it's great for occasional use. one of my friends also had it and gave a bottle a week from 6 wks to 13 months and always loved it.
My friend is having her first dc and is currently 35 wks. She says she is going to bf. The problem is i'm worried that she has not educated herself at all. I am the only person she has ever known to bf. We talk on the phone all of the time, but i've only seen her about 4 times since dd was born, so that is the only time she has been around anyone who bf. She has a very positive attitude and says, "i'm going to be just like you and never have any problems." which...
i also like the bravado bras, but i'm going to have to get a smaller one now because i keep shrinking! I went all the way up to a 38 D and now i'm back down to a 36A. I agree with the pp, you will buy bras throughout your bf, because your size changes so much. i also really like the Liz Lange nursing sports bra. Target isn't carrying them anymore, but i found some on ebay. i lived in these the first couple of weeks after dd was born. I liked the fit of it then,...