or Connect

Posts by scrabblelover

Thanks for all of the advice. I had the iodine solution injected into my veins instead of just the liquid ingestion that's why i couldn't nurse. We got a little milk into her through a medicine dropper. Then my mom came and she took a bottle from her and only her. Didn't matter if i was in the room or not. Most stressful 24 hours of my life. Thank God it's over.
I unexpectedly had to go in this morning for a CATScan due to abdominal pain. DD cannot nurse for 24 hours now. She has never taken a bottle, we've never tried. Thankfully i had milk in the freezer. We;ve tried sippy cup, syringe, 2 types of nipples. NOthing. Please do you have any suggestions?
I found a fabulous cocktail dress regularly $120 for $29! yippee!! It's stretchy and strapless, so i can just pull it down. The sling is a problem though. I only have an orange Moby. i don't think it will be possible to cover it. i figure i can give dd to dh's great=grandma to hold for a while if need be, she is awesome. Before having dd she told me, "don't take that epidural, it will hurt you in the long run", her not knowing my "crazy" ideas of natural...
Actually i have no clue what i'm wearing! I am one of the unfortunate ones whose feet grew while pregnant! So i only have flip flops! I have to go shopping! But yes, I must look fabulous! Maybe i can find a wrap dress and be able to hang out my whole boob! As for dd i was "scolded" by DH's grandma the other day for takin her out in a onesie & pants!!! iwas informed she should be dressed up to leave the house and her outfit was inappropriate!!! WTF!
DH, dd (2.5 months)& I are attending his grandparents 50th anniversary party this weekend, being held at a hotel ballroom. Probably about 150-200 people will be there. My in-laws are not my favorite people. They constantly get under my skin. I am not excited about having these people pass around my child and plan on keeping her in her sling as much as possible. My DH is pro-BF, obviously, but the other night he annoyed me and i want some advice on how to handle...
As far as the clicking goes my dd does it and has since birth. It worried us in the beginning and the LC couldn't figure it out either. Finally i realized she got it from my DH! He makes a clicking noise in his sleep in the back of his throat(drives me crazy!) She is just like her dad! now she does it even when she doesn't nurse. She just randomly clicks. We think it is something with how their mouths are made. But clicking can be from a poor latch. So maybe...
I'm hoping someone might be able to help, or atleast offer some comfort. My dd is 8 weeks old. She is EBF, no pacifiers, no bottles. She nurses on demand all day long. She eats all day long. She never goes longer than 3 hours, but most the time eats every hour or 2 and eats anywhere from 15 min to 1 hour at a time. At night she has recently started sleeping for one stretch of 6 hours. Except one night she slept 7 hours and one night 8 hours. About 10 days...
Congratulations!!!!! Welcome baby Morgan!
i'm so sorry you are going through this. the stress of going to the doctor could make your BP high. There are some great sites to look at www.unhinderedliving.com, www.bornfree.com. I don't know where to get statistics. I think the most important thing is for you to listen to your body, try and relax and educate yourself. I found the more uc stories i read, the calmer i got. You are strong and your body is meant to do this. My prayers are with you.
38 weeks and getting anxious! Mostly because of the dreaded in-laws. told them due date was Oct 1, which will be 41 1/2 weeks. but now they say, " You are so big you will go early." or since they found out about UC/UP they have decided DH and I are too stupid to figure out a due date!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, they are driving me crazy. trying to just distance myself from them. but i will say that all of their talk has made me start to think...