or Connect

Posts by BusyBeeMom

Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad An age might help. It's hard to adress the issue of dawdling if you don't know if a child is 4 or 8 or 10. Younger children don't always understand time the same way adults or older children do. She'll be 4 in Jan. It's gotten a bit better. The original post was several months ago when my toddler was even younger/needier, and I had several huge stressers going on...ugh. NOt that I don't still get to the...
Just got one off freecycle...no manual, no idea how to use it! Any ideas? Thanks!
I'm making chicken soup tonight - w/carrots, onions, celery, and chicken meat. Would it be good if I cooked sweet potato in it too? Or should I just bake them on the side? I also have an acorn squash? What do the soup experts think? I saw the suggestion to add potatoes/squash to soup in another thread, but I'm not sure how to go about it... Thanks!
There are several threads on this if you can search. Ultimately, it did not work out for me, and I was generally unhappy w/the experience. I had au pairs from the time DD was 18 months and I was pregnant w/DS to the time DD was just shy of 3.5 & DS was just shy of 1.5. My overall impression is that most of these young women are not prepared to take responsibility for full-time child care of more than one young child. And I mean not prepared in a number of ways -...
Generally, my experience with au paris was NOT positive. I have several, over about 2 years. The best of them were: 1. A competent young woman with excellent childcare skills and a decent work ethic. She was extremely unpleasant toward the adults. She came out of her room the minute she was to work, and went back to her room the second she was done. She wasn't very respectful about our home, drove the car w/o permission (she had told me she wasn't comfortable...
Honestly, don't expect, or look for problems. I may be the exception, but in 3.5 years of nursing, I've gotten precious few questions/comments, and no one really cared all that much, aside from other longer-term nursers who were really psyched. IF people comment or ask, it's usually simply from a place of ignorance, not them being nasty. Ex: one friend asked, when DD was nearing 6 months, if we'd wean. I said no, we'll nurse for @ least a year, and then see (little...
I have ADHD, am nursing, and a student. In terms of ritalin, I would be pretty wary about letting this into your baby's system. The effects in babies are not well-studied. What is well understood is how it is metabolized in your body. I had two physicians review the Hale's information on ritalin, and on their advice, I am comfortable timing my dosages so I take the SHORT acting stuff at least three hours before nursing. I have yet to make an exception on...
Before totally weaning, I would take some steps to try to make nursing more tolerable for you. First, I would nightwean. Dr. Jay Gordon has a process that worked well for me w/DD. If she's nursing every 2-3 hours overnight, nightweaning may bring you considerable relief. I know this is not necessarily a popular opinion around here, but IMO it's way better to nightwean & continue nursing than to quit all together b/c you're at your wit's end. I would also try to...
So, imagine your friend is the SM. And she was bummed about the non-mother's day stuff, but things in the family generally seem pretty good, people are getting along, etc. Would it be way out of line to casually mention to Dad (who is kind of clueless) that it would be really nice to prompt DSD to make a card or something, come next mother's day? I don't know the mom, FWIW. I do not want to overstep bounds, but I think a gesture like this would go a long way to...
Is there anyone who is fluent in Spanish who might be willing to help me via PM and/or email? I'm having a serious childcare problem, and with my passable, but far from perfect Spanish, I'm clearly not conveying the gravity of the situation to my babysitter. If anyone would be willing to help, respond or PM me, and I will send you besos y abrazos forever!