or Connect

Posts by organicbanana

hey there - just wondering if there were any june '05 baby mamas left - we lost our internet connection some time ago and i'm having to try to play catch-up at the library. i used to be quite a frequent poster, but many of our june mamas seem to have left? anyway, i'm a sometime sahm of 4 (5 on alternate weekends ), with a special-needs 2 year old. due to a lot of upheaval, i'm not at home on a full time basis anymore - my dh has taken the reins on a 3-day-a-week basis...
holy wow - we're in toddler land now huh?! i went looking in life with a babe - it's been a while! just have a moment to steal - so much to do around the house it's terrible... we've had an eventful summer - 2 hospital stays and a house call from the emt's after more seizure activity with stell, but we're managing things with her meds right now and playing the wait-and-see thing again. she's a very happy baby (toddler??) not toddling yet, so she's still a baby to...
Quote: Originally Posted by bamamom I am sitting here watching my Season 1 of the Muppet Show.... its out now, someone tell something secret about themselves now...: : i am a huge muppet fan i'm only 9 posts into the thread of 6 (7?) pages, and i just had to reply to this... i own those dvds too. i put them on layaway so i could have them. : back to catching up now... oh yeah i forgot - something secret... hmmmmm... i may have...
we've actually done the potluck thing at birthday parties and it never seemed to be a problem - usually people would ask if they could bring something - and especially if you're doing the party at a park or playground - that doesn't seem out of line to me at all. you could word it nonchalantly though, if you're more comfortable with that - "feel free to bring a dish to pass" maybe... or even call it a birthday potluck. i agree with mamita - any kind of sports stuff is...
and i know i'm late on the "how was your weekend" question, but i just had to respond... we got to go see pearl jam on friday!!! - so rad... hehehe... seriously though - it was the first time i've been out for a night without any of my kids in something like 2 years (!!!) ooh - i feel woozy typing that! they played for something close to 3 1/2 hours - and our seats rocked. we were super close, but not on the floor. the first level above floor, (by like 3 feet ) so...
Quote: Originally Posted by mclisa hypothyroidism is where the thyroid gland (sits in your neck) produces too little hormone. It can cause fatigue, weight gain, feelings of depression, decreased libido, and menstrual issues. Can make your periods irregular or heavy. s mclisa - yup... hypothyroid is so draining. i'm a bad patient though - i haven't gone back to the dr. for my follow-up blood draw, partly because i think lately i'm taxing my...
we made it to the p/t evaluation, thanks to my mil - she sat for the other kids and let me take her car (and she also did some of my obscene mountain of laundry while i was gone!) everything went well, except for stella screaming a lot - between stranger anxiety, nap interruption and not having nursed for longer than she'd like, the manipulation of her limbs was more than she felt like tolerating. the therapist got pretty much the info. she needed to start her chart...
hey - busy morning... we're trying to get stella to p/t today for her evaluation - may have to reschedule because of vehicle issues. bleh. btw - i'm pretty sure stella was the last of the june babies. i seem to remember nightowl and i were both in labor the same night (maybe i'm hallucinating?) she was born july 7th... finally... i have a job interview tomorrow morning for an overnight on-call position doing medical staffing from home (yay!!) cross your fingers...
just time for a quickie... dad is home safe - he was arrested and spent 4 days in a psych hosp. but is back on meds and doing fine - the whole thing was basically a fight with my mom and then a series of awful misunderstandings. they are working with a psychologist, a psychiatrist and a marriage counselor. stella is over the u.t.i. and doing great - still waiting to be scheduled for p.t. - very frustrating as she's trying to crawl using only her left arm and sometimes...
first of all - thank you guys so much for the much needed support and just for being here - it means a lot more than you know... sadly, there's no luck in the 'things settling down' department... my mom tried calling me last night while i was on the phone with my best girlfriend venting, and i figured she just wanted to tell dh happy birthday since it was his 33rd and she had sent him a package, so i didn't answer since he wasn't home. i just figured she'd call today...