or Connect

Posts by Rockies5

The baby that was so severely brutilized last week by Ryan Gifford in Westminister MD is my littlest neice. We are looking for anyone local willing to distribute flyers, make phone calls to government or march at the courthouse on Monday the 19th! We are also looking for anyone who persoanlly knows and has also been hurt by the Giffords or Yelton families. please email or write to me here for details on how you can help. I need moms who are outraged at how the...
It's a personal choice. I'd interview at least 3. I have worked with some, and birthed with some. I've heard great reviews from the students in my childbirth classes. I think they all have their own strengths and you need to find someone whom you are comfortable with their skills (and back up situations) as well as someone you genuinely like to be around happy birthing and congratulations!!
There are doulas in the springs who will travel, as well!
I've seen CHP+ cover some midwives. I've personally had Aetna cover two homebirths (with no OON coverage, I just argued until the gave in)
thank you again everyone, for your kind thoughts and words on behalf of Gavin and his family. They seem to be doing well or as well as any normal, balanced people would do after an unexpected loss like this. I am recovering fine. haven't attended any births at this point, but only 3 weeks out I finally feel physically able to again.
Quote: Originally Posted by Peace+Hope rockies5, i hope the terrible loss of gavin doesn't negate at all the feelings and experience you had of giving up yourself and your body to help your friends have another child. your gift not made less by this tragedy. i hope for healing for you and gavin's family. for his precious life. thank you, the loss doesn't negate the trying that is for certain. Though I would be hard pressed to ever in...
I just had one a few days ago. Childcare is essential, as is housekeeping. 10 days minimum, more if at all possible. I am two weeks out, don;t have an infant to care for, not nursing or pumping and am still exhausted. Treat yourself to a postpartum doula, or nanny. The more rest and sleep you can get the better (less complications, fewer set backs and quicker healing) your recovery will be. Yes you do need help--REALLY! Now, I know you feel backed into a corner...
Thank you for your thoughts. To Doula Alicia- things happen sometimes that are unexplainable. Even when we have perfect nutrition, supplements, excercise, rest and no risks, and a great history! As a doula of 12 years I knew it; but didn't belive it either--yes things DO come out of the blue. I was tested for every known infection, all autoimmune and clotting disorders as well. I was tested for things and given drugs I still have no clue about. I plan to get my...
Sorry if this is going to bring the board down for a bit, but I thought my birth story was still relevant and that some of you could relate. I enjoyed the time I spent here, and felt supported so I wold rather post here, then the loss group. Since the baby wasn't mine; I don't feel the loss as keenly as those mothers. I am (or was) a Gestational surrogate for a friend of mine, who tragically lost her uterus after her birth and only birth was induced. With no risk...
in my case it was due to an allergy. Once I eliminated dairy (but for eggs) and soy--I never had it again. I also lost my frequent heartburn and gas symptoms.