or Connect

Posts by MrsMoe

Quote: Originally Posted by UnschoolnMa Well, the difference for some people is that they don't think there is a single thing wrong with showing your belly, and so a doll who is showing her's isn't a problem. My family doesn't think that the stomach must be hidden around other people any more than the elbows or ears must be. My daughter wears cropped shirts often. As far as I know she is not a "ho". lol Charles - I wear make-up, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by MomBirthmomStepmom Cause that's what it sounds like some people want to do, or are trying to do. I can't believe people are using the terms 'sluts' and 'whores' and 'hookers' and 'streetwalkers' here... THAT is more disgusting than any doll, IMO. Seriously, we're adults, but some people on this thread are saying things that sound alot like they're coming out of the mouth of a brainless doll instead... *more...
Quote: Originally Posted by dharmamama I showed this to my dh and said, "Would you buy this doll for Ramona?" He looked at it and said, "The hooker doll? Bratz streetcorner ho?" (And no, this was not in front of the children, they are in bed.) Even the "cute" Bratz dolls someone listed are showing their midriffs. OP, I would return the doll and either get a Groovy Girl or some art supplies! Namaste! Apparently you didn't see these...
Quote: Originally Posted by Charles Baudelaire Please actually read what I said. It reflects poorly on anyone, really, when they comment upon something they have obviously either not read or have misread or are choosing to misread. I am assuming you have either chosen to misread my posts or were momentarily distracted and did not read it carefully -- the most flattering of the choices available to me. It reflects poorly on anyone who says the...
Quote: Originally Posted by tara Well, Charles, you have a choice not to look at people that simplistically. Up to you. Personally, I think women have a right to express their sexuality without being called tramps and whores. A miniskirt does not a sex worker make. Besides, I have no judgement for women in the sex industry. *applause*
Quote: Originally Posted by Charles Baudelaire Mrs. Moe, I have a feeling we're just going to have to agree to disagree about this -- I found the clothing sexualized and immodest. The shirt was cut low and it was a belly shirt to boot, the pants were clingy and low-cut, and the doll's very prominent Tammy Faye Bakker-like makeup and puffy lips, big breasts, and micro-waist (plus the first one's pose as a rock star) communicate to little girls the...
Quote: Originally Posted by meowee I almost titled this, "Can You Tell When a Woman Has Fake Tatas." But thought I would get in trouble. I was at the children's museum today and past me walked a mom who had under her shirt what looked like someone had glued perfectly symmetrical grapefruits to her chest. They were, IMO, very obviously not real looking. And it made me wonder what the appeal is, to have breasts that look like that? Do men really...
Since a pervious poster seemed to dig around to find a Bratz doll with black boots and a short black skirt here are some super cute Bratz dolls: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...CLZZZZZZZ_.jpg And like I said, the ones my daughter has, the clothes are perfectly "acceptable." But IMO, my...
Quote: Originally Posted by Zombiewaif Right on. Dolls are for imaginative play and pretend. Don't little girls play and pretend with any doll they have? Isn't playing dress up the same thing? Come on don't you remember being a little girl and playing in mom's makeup...Putting on her pearls....Heels...and clothes? It's no difference. DH and I were just discussing recently that when DD gets old enough to go shopping with he didn't care if we tried on...
Quote: Originally Posted by tara Hey, Unschool - your daughter is a bit older than the other girls mentioned in this thread, no? I think it makes a difference if we're talking about a 5 year old girl or a 11 or 12 year old who has more years of deconstructing social messages behind her... My daughter had her first Bratz doll at 6, and she has NEVER expressed a desire to wear make-up or be a prostitute. Furthermore, the dolls we have gotten...