or Connect

Posts by emma_goldman

Again, thanks! It really helps to get feedback, perspective, advice and reality checks from awesome mamas who have blended their families.   I finally just asked him to stop pressuring me. And we've continued to be friends. Just not dating. I'm feeling so much more grounded now and empowered for being able to listen to myself and take care of myself/my son by following through. Thanks for helping me!   I was brought up in a patriarchial religion and my parents...
Thanks for continuing this journey with me. Yeah, his pursuit is unrelenting. And I don't trust it. I have been alone. It's not like I have to have this relationship. I am really enjoying communicating with my true self and my intuition through this process. That said, I'm also dialoguing with myself about the fact that I've gone through SO many relationships. My standards are so high for being with someone who is really in touch. I pray that it's possible for me someday...
Thanks mamas! You have such insight and experience to share. I am going to check out the book recommend.   Every time we talk now, he apologizes up and down for hurting me and he says that he wants a relationship based on mutual growth and healthy communication. He has stopped talking poorly of his daughter's mom and is now trying to be "helpful" when she has issues.   He has been willing to talk about this stuff for hours and hours on the phone and has stopped...
Holy crap! I broke it off two weeks ago and have been holding firm. He has consistently been pledging love and saying he'll walk through fire. He tells me he has been using cognitive behavioral therapy to manage his anxiety again. He called his parents to apologize for holding a 20 year grudge and let them know he needs and wants them in his life.    I'm holding firm that friendship is all I can do right now. But I have to say, I'm thawing a little. How long before...
Wow, this recommendation is a keeper. Thanks!!!
lack of humility and personal insight and a general immaturity.This is what is coming out as I've been trying to discuss my hesitation with him. :( He's been trying to turn things on me -saying that he's sure I have plenty of weaknesses but he's not pulling them out and blaming me for them. I've been so gentle about bringing up his grumpiness. :(  
Thanks, it's so true. I'm going to get really good at detecting these things early.   And a dating committee is such a good idea -I've got RL friends listening to me about these kinds of considerations.   This dad I've been dating spent the first couple of years of new parenthood ON MDC. Needless to say, I was bummed when he revealed his grumpy nature to me a few months back. Of course, I did know that he was a little uptight, but he'd never been that way toward...
Thanks so much!! Will def. use your info.
Thanks all,   I probably blew it out of proportion a little bit -it's low grade grumpiness and snippiness, but I don't want it! any of it.   It helps to have validation to follow through with what I know I need to do.   Thanks! EG
Hi all!   I'm looking for a dentist that uses less toxic materials and/or a conservative (maybe wait and see?) approach.   Thanks!!!