or Connect

Posts by Munchkingirl

Well, I am not a huge poster and not really an oldie but I have been around for about 7yrs.  I have been on an unassisted/freebirth journey for 5.5yrs.  With each baby I had there were changes around here.  It felt that sometime around 1.5-2yrs ago there was alot of negativity toward this specific mdc in the form of trolls, outright bashing, and other blogs/sites that criticized any post that attempted to discuss an inherent trust in our bodies, baby, and birth.  I miss...
I have used Emergency Childbirth by Gregory White with a few go to printouts for quick reference that I got off of here years ago.  I can't seem to attach them and don't know where to direct you on the web.  If you want to pm me with your email I could send them that way...
Well, it's nice to see that the one we were leaning toward sounds good to others as well.  Pretty sure we have a Selah Nariah.  I didn't realize Selah has been on the rise (albeit not rocketing, which I'm glad) for years and was a bit surprised.  I thought our other daughters name-Charis, would be a more popular sounding name, but that doesn't even hit the top 1000...
I think we are narrowing in on who she is, but just for fun I thought I would put out a quick poll and see what seems to sound better to others ears.  Remember that names are personal and I am post partum, so please critique kindly.    We like slightly different names with significant meanings (usually from a biblical or Hebrew etymology)   Zemira Naarah (Naw-rah)     Selah (Say-la) Nariah (Naw-RI-ah) Selah Raziah  Nariah Chara  (K-arr-ah) Naarah...
I should know this after 5 babies (3 UC), but am looking for a bit more info.... The placenta was intact (nothing retained) as far as I could tell, but it seemed like clots were easily falling off the maternal side and when I picked it up was hard to keep together (i.e. my fingers could just about pull it apart).  I think there was calcification to some degree as I noticed grey areas, not a uniform burgundy/red.  Would calcification cause it to "disintegrate"?  It also...
When we had our first homebirth w/midwife, she had been doing it for a few years and pretty much worked from her house--cash cost $2500.  Second babe planned with her (came quick, so unplanned unassisted), she was still building her practice and working from home--cash cost $3200 (minus a small amount for not actually being at the birth, through no fault of hers).  Between babe 2 and 3 she expanded with a birth center (wonderful option and very pleased it is available...
Not sure if you have a final yet, but I was wondering what your other girls names are and how they sound together.  Not that they need to match, just thought it might help.  I completely understand being torn between 2 names that are really great, but wanting it to BE her name, not just something we think is okay.  Eye-la May-ah (is that correct) has just a bit of a tongue tie for me, however we also have a couple in ours like that and it is just right, so if she is an...
I'm really feeling the need to jump ship...and go get an acupuncture treatment tonight.  I have never cared about being over, in fact I usually relish it and the extra time, but I am practically on bed rest.  I am swollen to the hilt, the baby is so low that I literally have to stand up, squat and mosey to take a few steps, and (TMI coming) I developed a killer hemorrhoid yesterday, and to top it all off I can't seem to keep it together emotionally--I'm either yelling at...
Yep, always over and always letting it take whatever course it will....However, for some reason this babe ( #5) has pushed my patience level.   I am 40 + 4 and that is the earliest I have ever gone (up to 42 wks).  I just feel ready. Swollen, unable to move, pelvic pain...but trying hard to enjoy the end of baby being all mine and "easy" to take care of...it's just, well, time....(plus I like my kiddos to have their own month and so this one has to come in June as we...
Well, I am a little late on the guessing, but since babe isn't here yet and I don't do us's or medical prenatal, I don't have anything but guesses...   Birthdate        EDD: June 19th        Guess: June 23 to 27th (all 4 of my others went at least 5 days to 2 weeks over)        Actual: June 26 th 11:35 p.m.   Gender        Guess: Boy (Chinese calendar says girl and has been right 3 out of 4 times, but I have a feeling.... Oh, our count is 3 boys, 1...