or Connect

Posts by lisalou

Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla I had a math teacher once tell me "statistics lie." You can usually bend and twist the numbers so that they're technically correct, but imply something that isn't really there. What's "definative" about these various studies isn't the studies themselves, but the tone in which the conclusions are written. Just look at the word choice, and the way it sounds, when you talk about parents "refusing" vaxes vs "declining"...
Quote: Originally Posted by BAU3 I was just on the npr website reading about a"study" that was done (details not pertinent right now..) it cited that there was a 23 % increase risk of pertussis in children 0-16 whoo's parents refused vaxes. So why can studies take this data and come out with this statistic, yet when they look at the # of children vaxed and the # of cases of autism etc and come up with absolutely NO corrolation? Probably b/c...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dera What if mothering just isn’t for me? What if I picked the wrong path? What next? I resent breastfeeding and attachment parenting because now my youngest gets fussy after just 30 minutes or so without me. He can’t sleep without me. I never even tried any artificial nipples because I didn’t want to, and now I envy mothers who formula feed. I am not the mother that I aspire to be. My 2 ½ year old is going through...
Quote: Originally Posted by choochootrain Thanks, this is a great essay. I wonder if my original post sounds like she gets what she wants because I didn't describe what happens after her outbursts, just my frustration and my own negativity. You are right about choices. Usually GD books recommend brainstorming for solutions with your child. Whenever I try to, she says that she doesn't know, and yet she rejects my solutions, if I offer any. But this...
How does your husband feel about this? Does he support the decision not to vax even if it means he won't really see you or his kids for 3 years? Surely if your child was injured by vaccines a physician's note documenting this would help on that end for that child. And if vaccines actually did cause the horrible allergies you claim then that would also serve as an excuse for your other children as allergies tend to run in families. I know b/c of my chicken allergy growing...
I would continue solids and just keep exploring different foods with her, provided she's interested. She's still getting the vast majority of her calories from nursing. DD had some underweight issues as an infant and it was really shocking to find out how few calories there are in a jar of fruit or veggies or even what I made. Just nurse first before giving her solids. Even mainstream sources say solids before a year are for exploring and trying. Starting solids doesn't...
I don't use any marinade at all. I dissolve about 2 tbs of kosher salt in warm water about a 1/2 cup or so and pour it over still frozen shrimp and add enough cold water to cover and let them defrost and brine while I get everything else ready for what I'm making. Then I rinse them off and use them in the recipe. I tend to do a freestyle shrimp scampi recipe or cooking in the final stages of a marinara sauce.
Quote: Post removed by Admin We love to eat breakfast together too. DH isn't too much of a morning person but once he has a cup of coffee we find breakfast is a good way to reconnect. Especially when bacon is involved. :
Quote: Originally Posted by daniedb I think setting limits is wonderful! I think deceiving the kiddos in order to accomplish the goal isn't wonderful. And I have a 4 yo, is that old enough to count? He's smart enough to figure out that "broken but fixed when we want to watch a movie" is a flat-out lie, and it WILL affect our relationship, and he WILL start questioning me in other areas. Trust me. Ditto this. Not to mention the ongoing...
Ditto thismama. Congratulations! and Welcome Zoe! Enjoy your babymoon!