or Connect

Posts by lisalou

Quote: Originally Posted by mammal_mama Well, in the case of my child, she definitely seemed to be making a value judgment that bottle-feeding and crib sleeping would be better for a baby sibling -- but it was more like an inverse of her judgment that nursing and co-sleeping were better for her ... and, to me, it seemed like her reasoning was that if her sibling got bottles, this would ensure that there'd be no threat to her continuing to get her needs...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamameg By the way, it's totally normal for a young child to be jealous of their mother giving any child attention. I seriously doubt your son even grasps the fact the he is parented differently than these other children. Ditto this. I hope you're really just joking with the last part of your post.
Leprechaun poop. Every year, the teachers really get into St. Patrick's day. There are leprechaun sitings, the leprechauns move stuff around the class rooms and gold leprechaun dust (aka glitter) is sprinkled all over the school. This all leads up to Saint Patrick's day parties in each class. It's good times for all. Yesterday one of the teachers took orange play dough, sprinkled gold glitter all over and left it in the hallway. S came home with huge eyes and said, "A...
None of those things sound odd to me. Probably b/c I've seen at least one of those things on the menu or on a sign in a restaurant in any place I ate in NYC. Maybe I eat in different restaurants but I can't think of a place where I'd go for dinner where I'd order less than $10 worth of food unless it was fast food so I'm not getting what the big deal is with that. It really sounds like the problem is they've had groups of people come in order only a little food, take up...
Quote: Originally Posted by queenjane I'm still not getting why a person eating what they want to eat is "obnoxious"...if the one brother would have loudly proclaimed, during the Vietnamese reception "Oh god this food is GROSS, why do we have this crap!? i wish we had mcdonalds!!!" *that* would be obnoxious...but knowing that he doesnt like a certain kind of food, and preparing ahead of time by eating something he does like....just seems sensible to me....
Quote: Originally Posted by MammaB21 kinda been lurking on here debating weather to post. I had to comment on this. Honestly, are you being sarcastic here? This is suprising. I totally dissagree with this. Animals, humans, we all have a continuum, and that inner want and voice is of ecceptance. Children tend to want to be a part of their society and behave in a way that is favorable to their culture. I don't think any wolf, or any other animal for...
You know she may have actually been more worried about your son running away from his mother than about your son bothering her.
You both can come. Esp. you Viking Mama for your sig. Hatteras can you describe maybe how big the plate of pasta was? Like if you form a circle with your hands, bigger or smaller? Thanks!
Have you ever cooked a dinner to be served the traditional Italian way with primi, secondi, etc? We're having a dinner party on Saturday and I've found a menu from my Marcella Hazan cookbook and am wondering about how to ensure portions are correct. Menu for now - Olives and maybe a cheese for antipasto - just to get settled until dd goes to bed. 1st course Spaghetti with tomato butter sauce 2nd course Chicken cooked in rosemary and white wine served with...
DD is 4 and she wants to marry me or dp. She also has two imaginary husbands who are girls named Sissy and Ween. We don't tell her that legally she can only boys she's not currently closely related to. DP and I both figure even if legally she can't marry another girl, emotionally she can make the same sort of commitment. It's hard enough explaining to her why she can't marry her father or mother.