or Connect

Posts by monkeymama

ugh. that horribly difficult time has come that most mothers dread - my 24 mo son must start daycare part time this week. i am just hoping to hear from other mothers who have gone through this regarding some advice as what to say/what not to say to him in order to make this easier for all involved. i would be SO grateful for some tips/pointers/sharing of experiences thanks mm
howdy out there... i havent been around these boards in AGES and man do i miss it! and boy am i EVER in need of some help.... so much to say, so little time. You know the story. basically in a nutshell my son is now nearly 24 months and his behavior has been changing enormously as of late. I feel like a fish out of water in the discipline department - it doesnt seem to be coming naturally to me and i am starting to have that horrible fear that i have already...
my ds is nearly 20 months and has consistently woken up between 5 and 6 a.m. for as long as i can remember ....... i hear ya regarding the need for abit more sleep in the morning! oh what i would give to be able to sleep till 7 now and then! and i couldnt vote on the poll as ds still wakes up between 2 and 5 times a night - usually nurses once. He sleeps about four hours in a row on a good night, two on a bad night. thankfully though he has been a good napper for...
Hi..... Just a mama with an 18 mo early early riser (every morning we are up between 5 and 5:30) and in need of some commiseration with other mamas who are up before the crack of dawn....! My ds has never been a sleeper - he is a very frequent night waker - although i stopped nursing him through the night when he was about 12 months old (i was returning to work then and needed abit more sleep) I still do nurse him at night if he is sick or teething though. He still...
my ds (18 mo) has been very attached to a small stuffed lion called "Mac" that he has had since he was about 9 months old. We are still breastfeeding and i plan to until he is ready to wean himself. Mac is always very damp and slightly smelly (!) as ds is continually chewing on him (i believe he is mainly as use as a teething object). Nowadays during the day Mac is mainly left on his own - although if we are at home during the day ds will periodically hunt him down and...
oh i can relate! my ds (nearly 17 mos) has had 'Mac', a small stuffed lion, since he was eight months and within a month of acquiring it he was attached to it and since then it has been THE best friend - he chews on it all the time and the thing is soaked with baby drool most of the time....I was really surprised that it happened so fast and with such force. Had read in the No Cry SLeep Solution about how having a 'lovie' sometimes helps children sleep, so thought i'd...
hi - thank you for your ideas/replies yes i have read about 'the walk' in the Dr. Sears book, but since my ds is now a wopping 30 pounds walking around with him for 15 minutes to half an hour is just not an option - for me its impossible and for his dad abit easier but not much as he isnt a super big guy. You'd basically have to be close to Arnold Swartznegger (sorry cant spell this) status to carry ds around long enough to have him fall asleep! so, still needing...
Hi My son is 16 mo (who is still nursing and is nursed to sleep on weekends for naps and evenings) and is looked after by his dad four days a week while i am at work. Until now he has been taking him for naps in the stroller - but ds has been getting sick one cold after another and i am pretty sure its due to not getting adequate naps due to being cold and uncomfortable in the stroller...... I have said that it is time now for his dad (i am a single mom by the...
wow - thanks for all the responses! looks like i'll have to try looking for a travel pillow - i would have never thought of that. one thing ive been wondering now is how many kids out there dont start using pillows until much older - say over three or so?? or even older? jjdoula - thanks for your words regarding support between mamas - i think thats so important. And i know we really do ourselves NO good when we compare with other mamas....I try not to, but...
thanks jjdoula, your info does help. I know I am probably being the typical 'high anxiety about everything' first time mama (!) with this.....yes i have heard from others that this changes once you have a second....or third...whenever i find myself getting anxious about things i really try to give myself a 'reality check' and attempt to relax about things - which i AM getting better and better at, but its taking some time!! where did you get your little 'travel sized...