or Connect

Posts by shell024

I used to have a collection of info on pregnancy/breastfeeding... but like previously mentioned, there really isn't much substantial evidence on it. I smoked/vaporized throughout both of my pregnancies, when it felt right...here and there to quell nausea and balance mood swings. I also smoked/vaporized throughout breastfeeding years...for me I had letdown issues, and MJ was one of the few things that relaxed me enough to letdown milk, I swear there was MORE milk than a...
Hello ladies! I am a member of We Are Guahan, a grassroots organization that is fighting to hold on to what we've got as an island community here on Guam. The U.S. Military decided (under the Bush administration) that because Japan no longer wants them in Okinawa, they will be relocated to Guam. Guam was never consulted in this decision in any way. DoD is acting with disregard to the island's environment. They've already claimed and built on a third of the island (much...
Quote: Originally Posted by BirthTender Would a non-hospital nurse-midwife be welcome? After being back home here in Western NC for a few years, I would love to travel some (for short trips) and work as a midwife, in other countries, including US territories. Karen of BirthTender There are currently no laws regulating against midwifery, so its really between you and the client. As far as insurance goes, I'm certain that they wouldn't cover it,...
Guam would love to have more birth professionals who are open to allowing the natural processes of birth to unfold. Currently there are only a handful of midwives here. There are only two doulas that know of. We have a population of about 150,000 and there is definitely a calling for birth professionals who advocate empowering birth experiences. Just putting this out there, during this delicate time in the U.S. economy, that Guam is a great place. I was born here so if...
Quote: Originally Posted by makalani It's amazing how much more in tune with my children I am when smoke MJ. I enjoy every single second with them and the most simple things become so amazing. I am more patient and understanding. I really hear them when they speak and I think that they enjoy me more when I am tuned into them like that. Anyone else feel similar? Absolutely! That is me almost word for word!
I never enjoyed joints cut with tobacco, maybe just because I really dont like tobacco period, lol. I mostly love good old fashioned joints and bowl/one-hitter pipes...for similar reasons mentioned above... I often am just too lazy to roll one...lol Does anyone have any experience, knowledge or research/info related to mj and mental disorders?
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy Post a link here? http://mothering.com/discussions/sho....php?t=1239383
Hi there! Perhaps you might copy/paste the links/intro from the first post of the previous thread? I dunno if its standard, but thought it'll probably be helpful. As for me, I live on Guam, and a week and a half ago, one of our senators introduced a bill to allow qualified patients access to medical cannabis. Two days ago, our local paper published my opinion letter!
Just wanted to add that there is a lot of emotional/ignorant discussion going on and people are already getting all high-strung about the whole discussion. I want to encourage the EDUCATION and awareness part of it all, and also to encourage those who genuinely believe in the benefits of this herb to speak not out of reaction but from facts and respect. Because I'm hearing too from those in support of the bill, emotional responses that will not get very far in the actual...
So, here on Guam, senator Rory Respicio introduced last week, bill 423 (it was originally bill 420, introduced during a meeting held at 4:20 pm : ) that would allow doctors to give a certified recommendation for marijuana. At first it was that doctors could give prescriptions, but then revised to them giving a recommendation (what the hell?!) and would allow a health care center to grow and distribute to patients who have dr. recommendations...? I need to look at the bill...