or Connect

Posts by shell024

I know the feeling too It seems when you need people the most, no one is around. Just know that YOU are there for you. You can count on your inner self to hear you. Maybe that sounds silly, but looking back, I went through stages of feeling angry that no one would help me, to feeling hopeless, like they'd all be better off without me. This is NOT true! PPD can be and up and down roller coaster, I think that was the hardest part, worrying when I was "up" that I may soon...
Quote: Originally Posted by kacymoose Snickering could just be a nervous reaction or a reaction to stress. Believing she is laughing about the situation can make a person more angry. I wouldn't advise moving away from her unless she is continuing to be aggresive. She might take you going away from her as love withdrawal. She must be hurting in someway to lash out like that, and therefore very much need her mommy too. You could try talking for the...
Alrighty then...
I am at a loss right now. I can't even think straight because I'm feeling pretty crappy about it all. I have a hard time controlling my own intensity and rage issues... Ds1(almost 3) keeps biting Ds2 (11mo) leaving deep bruise marks. Today was on his leg and on his cheek. Usually, he is put in a time out, and is not allowed to play with his brother for awhile (which is trying, because I have to put Ds2 on my back for that). If he happened to be watching a movie or...
We're here to listen mama, these women have been a great support/resource for me as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by SewEsperanza So glad you got away! Please continue to be safe and be careful when talking to his family. I have found (in two different cases), the so's family may listen and have sympathy for you BUT BUT BUT anything you say to them may be used against you later. So just be careful, he is still their family. ((hugs to you and your dd)) Hope :
Sending you my love anyway mama! :
Much love to you mama. I'm working on disengaging as well, it is easier said than done, but helps a ton, and works. He wants you to react. Just be silent. You can nod your head or say "mmhmm" if you feel like you must respond in some way.
Sending you my love mama, I'm so very sorry you are experiencing this.
Quote: Originally Posted by mom0810 I just want to advocate for those who do need them because PPD is a physiological problem. The fact is, if you are not having those symptoms, then it could just be the "baby blues," which could be helped by The Work, or any other self hep program. PPD goes beyond feeling a bit down and gets into feelings of hopelessness and despair that one may not even realize they are having. And physical pain and not sleeping, and...