or Connect

Posts by shell024

stuff I used: (during labor/birth) birth pool pillows TOWELS (lots of em) a shower curtain water the toilet dp's hands (after) more TOWELS (lots of em) pillows scissors & a hair tie to cut/tie cord bucket for placenta lots of water & food I lost a lot of blood, but worked on breastfeeding to get placenta out (i pinched my nipples for awhile to get some contractions since baby didn't want to nurse right away & I was VERY uncomfortable). Once the...
I been doing lots of reading, and waiting for Diaper Free in the mail, but was curious; for those of you ECing newborn boys (or who have...or anyone's input would be great): do you just lay a prefold or something over him? cause man, my little guy has quite the fountain sometimes! I want to leave him naked so I can really learn his cues or at least his rhythms and how often he actually goes...but 1) it gets cold where I stay (we don't have a heater)--I know there are...
feel free to ask any and every question that comes to mind. those fears tend to be temporary as you delve deeper into UC.
hey everyone. ds is 2.5 weeks. The first week we had some latch troubles and my nipples were SOOO sore. No bleeding though, like my sister had, thank god. But they did burn like hell when ds would try to latch. We definitely are getting the hang of it now, only my right nipple gets sore when he slips off the areola. And I leak A LOT too. I decided for some reason not to have a towel under my other breast while feeding and my shirt, ds's clothes, and our bed were all wet...
Carrie- I say go ahead and be needy. With 4 penises in the house, I would be needy too Arora- I say stick with the appts if you're enjoying them. I think I'd like a midwife next time around just for the emotional support, extra sweet treatment & gossip partner. Geeze, maybe I should just put an ad in the paper for friends?? Got 2.5 week old Every in my lap right now, finally got him to sleep while bouncing on the body ball. (Not that he doesn't sleep loads, but...
I'm here just over 2 weeks postpartum
just wanted to add.... leave all your bloody towels & stuff strewn around the house, and keep the placenta in the fridge or freezer, LABELED (preferably in a clear container) right next to dinner. hehe okay, I think this thread has gotten out of control :LOL :LOL :LOL
Oh, CONGRATS mama!!! WELCOME baby Rilely!
I voted "I pay close attention to my body & trust it to tell me if something is wrong." I take very high quality vitamins & minerals in the optimal amounts, TRY to eat a variety of CLEAN foods...as raw as I can keep them..., drink lots of water and tea when I feel like it, exercise or not as I feel so inclined, do lots of stretching & yoga-like stuff & RESTING. When stress hits, I make a conscious effort to relax (ha, although don't always succeed). I took my BP a ...
Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Harder to manage, but if all else fails, see if you can "accidentally" drop nasty baby things over the inlaws. "Oops, I thought I had that cloth diaper fastened better." "That's better, get that nasty gas bubble all out, oh, um, MIL, you might want to go home and change, NO! don't sit on the couch. Here's a bag to put on your car seat." love it...just love it.