or Connect

Posts by slk0824

WHERE DID YOU BIRTH: Hospital HOW FAR ALONG WERE YOU: 33 weeks 2 days WERE YOU INDUCED: No ELECTIVE C-SECTION: No REASON FOR INDUCTION/C-SECTION: Baby A born vaginally, Baby B was breech and born c-section SIZE OF BABIES: 4# 2oz, 3# 11 oz TYPE OF TWINS: Fraternal HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR DECISIONS: I don't necessarily feel that I made the decisions regarding my twins births, so much as they just happened. My water broke, Baby A was born while I was being...
Congratulations on your two healthy girls and great delivery! I'm so excited for you. Enjoy those precious babes! Susan
Oh my gosh!! Congratulations, Misty!! They are so beautiful and they look so big & healthy! I hope your recovery goes well. Susan
Kara, how are you doing? I'm sorry that you're worried about your babies weights. Have you had any follow-up appts or anything to ease your mind? I don't know if this applies or not, but don't twins slow down significantly in growth toward the end of pregnancy? I thought I had read that twins lungs mature sooner in utero than singletons but their growth slows down instead of increasing like singletons do. Either way, I hope you're not still worried. From my...
Hi All, Glad to hear you're hanging there and keeping those babies cooking. I'm sure it must be hard, but I would give anything to still be pregnant right now. Your babies will be so much better off with the extra time in there! My recovery is going very well. I had an OB appt last Friday (a week after my delivery) and she released me to drive and resume normal activity again, which is wonderful. I'm still trying to take it easy, but for the most part, I feel...
Hi Twin Mamas! I had my babies on Thursday morning at 33 wks 2 days. My water broke around 10 am and I started having strong contractions almost right away. I was in triage getting checked in and waiting for the u/s machine to warm up so we could figure out the positions of the babies and I dilated from a 3 to a 10 in about 10 minutes. I delivered my baby girl with one push before the dr. made it into the room. Baby B, a boy, was delivered via emergency c-section...
Quote: Originally Posted by kjoy2 Are you doing NSTs? Are your twins ID or frat? I don't start NSTs until 34 weeks. We don't know if they're id or fraternal, but I'm guessing fraternal. They both have their own placentas and are in their own sacs, but I've read that doesn't necessarily mean they're not id. We don't know the sex of the babies, either, so we don't have that to help us figure it out. So far their weights have been within a few...
None for me yet at 31 weeks, but I'm expecting twins so I fully expect that at some point I'm going to get them. I dodged that bullet with my last two kids and I'm thinking there's no way I'll get lucky again.
Hi! I'm still here too. I think my due date is about the same as yours (4/29). Things are looking good for me so far. No signs of pre-term labor and as long as I get lots of rest, I feel okay. I've got some major issues with heartburn and round ligament pain but other than that, I'm not too uncomfortable. I am usually up in the mornings, but then I spend the majority of the rest of the day in bed. If I try to move around too much, I'm just in a lot of pain and start...
I had the same thing at my first u/s (when we first found out about the twins) at 18 weeks. Actually, they were saying it was previa and not just low-lying...not sure if there's a difference there or not. By my next appt, 4 weeks later, the placenta had moved completely out of the way. My OB told me that as the uterus grows, the placenta is kind of pulled up with it. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Good luck! Susan