or Connect

Posts by chaoticzenmom

An expensive gold Omega chain worth about 1000 dollars.  When I yelled "OMG!! That thing cost almost 1000 dollars!" My son's (5yo at the time) reply was "When did you used to be rich?"    and a laptop "Hey mom, look, these two magnets hold together through your computer!!"   And I've got a few names carved into some nice pieces of furniture.  It's always funny how they try to deny doing those
So true...and I bet if we asked what consentual living, UP, etc mean to members who say they use those styles, those responses would also be just as varied.   
Another forum might be a good idea.  Maybe one especially for people who are more radical (UP, Summerhill, Consentual, free-range).  I also find that any mention of being strict gets some heated responses and that's not really inviting to many members.  I'd like to see that forum as a place where people can work out their parental discipline issues and discuss new ideas without feeling that there is only one type of response that is "right."   I like hearing about what...
No, I wouldn't...even if you didn't regret it.  I'm completely against it and when I don't want to know (can't handle the answer) I don't ask.  I'd give you any info I could while you were pregnant and then push it out of my head and hope you didn't circ, but I'd still be friends with you.
It seems like you care more about her situation than she does.  You matter too, you're not disposeable.  You made the boundary and don't feel guilty for sticking to it.  You can't fix it all for her and it doesn't seem like cares to take any initiative to help her own situation.  You've been used enough.
I've never read the book, but loved the dvd.  The best thing I got out of it was when he asked if we wanted to raise "yes men."  It really helps me to view my children's challenges differently.  I do praise them when they seem to want it, but I do not impose my judgement (favorably or not) when they don't ask for it directly.  I've read his book Punished By Rewards and really liked it.  I take it as ways to be aware of how your judgemtent (good or bad) might affect your...
http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/    Have you seen this blog?  You'll feel validated.  I love this woman and how great her points are.  I'd be mad too.  I'm a SAHM and a graduate student.  The first day, in a class of 30 people (only 4 are males) our professor says "You see all these guys in here..all 4 of them, get to know them, they'll be your bosses someday."  It is frustrating.  It's even more frustrating that I like my traditional female role in my house. ...
I have to disagree with you there.  On the surface it sounds good, but thinking about it, I do support legislation about what it taught in school.   There are several points of view that many teachers have that I would not want taught to my kids.  I want to know that there are set rules about what they can teach.   U.S. history is very slanted and misguided though, so true.  I don't send my kids to school, so I don't have too much to worry about there.   I love to read...
I had a ped who wanted to circ my 2yo son because of "complications" of being intact.  The complication was that his foreskin didn't retract.  What she apparently didn't know was that it wasn't meant to retract until close to puberty.  Luckily, my husband is french and intact is completely normal for him and he knew better.  I have 3 boys and have had no issues besides that one dr. who was quickly and easily "cut" from our lives;)     
There are a lot of places here where I don't go, but I still feel like I fit in.  I just don't frequent the boards that don't apply to me.  I occationally go the the selective/delayed vax board if I feel I can be useful to a member, but otherwise stick with the "I'm not vaccinating" forum.  I don't feel passionate about safety issues, cloth diapers, country living, etc.  It doesn't mean that I don't do some of those, I just don't feel pulled in by that board like I do...