or Connect

Posts by chaoticzenmom

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  You think it's silly for people who are researching not vaccination to be turned off by the sensationalized websites?  I don't think that's silly at all and it's probably pretty common.  The thing that I like least about being a non-vaccinator is being associated with certain ideals that I don't hold that are often held by non-vaccinators.  I came to not vaccinating because of a pediatrician that I had and because of the ill-health of...
I happen to agree with Uptosomegood's statement that anti-vax sites can harm the anti-vax movement.  I followed a link posted here yesterday and ended up in a horrible, aids denialist, conspiracy filled, sensationalized website.  I did some research on some of the authors of the articles and found that they're often interviewed on two other sites which I find so horrible that I won't mention them.  To me, that gives non-vaxxers a bad name.    I don't vaccinate (...
We used Patrice at NW untest.  She came to our home and did individual assessments, but I think she does mail in ones as well.  I thought I wanted to do a standardized test, but thought the one on one would be more valuable.    I also do DIBELS tests on my kids myself.  Those are pretty good at letting you know what your beginning reader knows and you can administer it later to see progress. 
When we were in France, the dtp was diptheria, tetunus and polio.  So double check that if you're going to do that one in Europe.    The DTaP is one that I revisit from time to time.  I've made an appointment and cancelled as well.  I almost stepped on a piece of wood with a nail in it a few days ago and it's kind of pushed me to reconsider the dtap.  I chose to get only one dose of the dtap for my 3rd child (the other two had many more vaccines) and my naturapath...
They didn't just give themselves points.  It was just thier responsibility to put the stars or marks on the place where we kept track of points.  So, at night, I would remind them...did you get all of your points today?  Then, they'd remember that either they did or didn't or "oh yeah, I need to go brush my teeth" and then they'd mark the points.  It wasn't just putting points for whatever they wanted and they actually had to do it (I don't think not doing it and just...
Yeah, my first thoughts were that maybe you were sleeping with a fan or hadn't changed the filters in your A/C recently enough.  I didn't want to discount other options though.  Glad you got it checked out.
I don't know much about hib anymore.  I remember when I was looking up the information for making the decision as to whether or not to vaccinate for it, I looked at the cdc site and was reassured that my children have none of the risk factors, except for age at that time.  If your child has had a productive cough for 3 months though, I think that's something that should be looked into.  I wonder if it's an allergy or irritant in the air.  Did she have a sickness that is...
My kids love that kind of stuff as well.  Drives me crazy, but what can you do?  We had a treasure box once.  I would put stuff in there each week, trinkets, small toys, pencils, whatever.  My children had a list of things to do to earn points.  They had to brush teeth, make beds, whatever we wanted to give points for doing.  At the end of the week, they could use thier points to buy things from the treasure box or they could save thier points.  I had them be responsible...
This is true, and unfortunately, it's the reason I'll probably get my kids vaccinated for the chicken pox once they hit 13 if they haven't had it.  I don't think that with younger children, it's dangerous to skip those live vaccines, but personally, I'll most likely be doing them once my kids hit young teens.  All of those viruses are pretty severe in adults and pregnant people.  Since there aren't many children who are giving older people the natural boosters,...
Has been removed and will not be returned.  Research has shown the OP to not be sincere.   Thank you.