or Connect

Posts by chaoticzenmom

Hospital positives?  Food, definitely.  There's just something about someone bringing you a big plate of hot food (and after all that work, it tastes great no matter how gross you'd normally find it)  I've had 2 hospital and 2 free-standing birth center births.   One hospital had a fridge down the hall from my room where they had sandwiches, puddings, drinks, etc.  I loved that.  It's also nice that if you're feeling tired, sore, sleepy, whatever, a nurse will change...
I think that letting her know that cps has been called would be good.  Although, it may stress her out for no reason and could put you in the middle.  She should be aware though, so she can learn what not to say in public and be prepared for any visit.
I wasn't thinking of gawking, actually, but your post does bring up some questions for me.  How much gawking is acceptable? What is the point of gawking? At what point does gawking=maltreatment.   Does it matter how the person being gawked at feels about it?  How does gender play into this?  Is it different depending on the age of a woman 15? 25? 40? 6? Does her financial status play into whether it's ok to gawk at her.  How about cat calls?  What about other attractive...
  My pregnant mother had a mini-stroke due to her non-existent GD.  It may be mislabeled (I'm not saying that it is), but it's a very real thing that can cause serious issues.  She also had an 11.5 lb baby. I had a 10.5 lb one myself.  Try doing that in a tub...not so easy.  It's real.  I learned a lot from testing my blood sugar.  I always thought I felt fine before, but once I figured out what high blood sugar felt like, I realized how uncomfortable it really felt.  I...
  How should a person who works on a corner (or dresses like one) be treated?  I don't want my daughter dressing in skimpy clothing, but I'm not liking the attitude that if she does, it's ok to treat her a certain way.  I have a friend who dresses in clothes that I find too revealing for my taste, but she deserves every bit of respect as anyone else.     This isn't as much in response to the post about the swimming pool incident (poor guy!), but just looking at our...
me?  I declined because the 3hr test felt like torture to me and in the end they found nothing, where I felt like there actually was something.  I asked the dr. to let me skip the 3 hour and just assume I was positive and they were fine with that.
I always had the first glucose test, but after the first pregnancy, declined the 3hr glucose test.  I offered to treat myself as if I had gd and went to nutritional counseling and did blood sugar testing on myself.   That actually gave me a lot of useful information.  The first time, I gained 65lbs and I always have big babies, plus my mother had GD, so I felt like they missed my gd and sure enough, when I started using the gd diet and testing my blood sugar, there was...
I don't know about that since I never worked there.  It seems that once you get your foot in the door, you're pretty well protected legally, no matter your sex.    
We lived in France for awhile and moved back here (despite getting an automatic check for renting and having 3 children) every month while we were there.  I like government helping people who need it, but not at the expense of small employers being able to be in business.  It was really hard to get hired there, especially if you're a woman of childbearing age due to all of the benefits that people get (especially women).  That kind of defeats the purpose of having laws...
My son was born in Feb 09 and he's toilet trained, speaks 4 languages and made dinner last night for the whole family;)  Ok, well, he says Doiya (Dora) constantly, can make a sentence out of 3 words from time to time and we haven't even begun to think about toilet training yet.  We had dinner with some friends who have a grandaughter who is a month younger (I think) than my son.  She was telling him stories, telling him what to do, looking at him confused because he was...