or Connect

Posts by jorismom

I'm so sorry you are dealing with all of this and that your children are also having to endure. Your children are fortunate to have you in their corner fighting for them. Stay strong mama.
Your post is really resonating with me. My husband was the stay at home dad, college student, night worker for most of our relationship. We both had a lot of resentment about the arrangement. I wished that I could be the one home with my daughter instead of having to work full time. He didn't really want to be home with a small child but he didn't have a degree and thus made a lot less than me, so it made financial sense. I really put up with a lot for a very long...
Quote: Originally Posted by Halfasianmomma Also, if you're like me and you're entertaining the thought "but what if leaving him for good is the worst mistake of my life? What if we're meant to be together", perhaps it might help to think that if you are meant to be, it's going to happen whether you fight for it or not. Who knows what the future holds way down the road? But today, right now, he is exactly who he is willing and capable of being...if you do...
Yeah, I actually have had a couple of counceling visits. I can only get in about once a month but just saw the councelor this week. She also said that it would be good to come up with a time frame. Although she suggested being up front with him and letting him know that 1. these are the things that I need in order to consider reconciling, 2. it's his choice to do these things or not, 3. if the timeframe passes without any movement towards those issues then I am going to...
Thanks for your responses. I think that you are both right on in many ways. I think that he would be more comfortable if I was actually falling apart and trying to hold onto him and chase after him. I think that I would prefer him to just decide he is done with the marriage so we both can move on without ambiguity, but it's hard for me to be the one to say "yes, this is over, I'm moving on now." I still have a small hope that maybe he could deal with his issues, then...
Hi strong single mamas, I am so happy that this forum is here on mothering. I have been reading your posts and feeling that there is actually some hope for me. I thought I would put some of what I am struggling with out there as well. My husband and I have been seperated since February, when I found out he was having an online emotional affair. At first I was devastated and in shock. But once I came to terms with the seperation, I started to realize that this...
Your story put a huge smile on face (except for your lack of support in your family). I think that your daughter (older one) is clearly expressing a need and you are a wonderful mama for recognizing that and embracing it. I think that nursing your older child could help your supply by increasing the demand. Keep offering to both your infant and your older baby. Don't let your husband get you down; you know what is right here. :
Quote: Originally Posted by phatchristy Yes, absolutely! If you're going to have a credit card you must make the FULL payment each month. It makes no financial sense to have a credit card to maintain a balance. Wow, thanks for making me feel like a loser. I'm buried in credit card debt here. I probably won't get out from under it for years.
[QUOTE=lilyka;13408843]I wouldn't asume your neighbor nessecarily agrees with everything on her book shelf. I have books written by "friends" at a church I used to attend. Also other things of general interest. wanting to understand what other people believe about things. QUOTE] I supose that is a good point. Althought there were several of the same tone. I'm not really comforatable asking her about it. We are not that close. She doens't know I'm a...
I guess the more I'm thinking about this, the more it is bothering me. What bothers me is wondering what this belief system means about my neighbor's perceptions of me and my family. I know that I am not possessed by demons. I know that I don't do anything special to guard against all of the so-called "doorways" that let demons in because I don't believe in them. But does that mean that my nice neighbor, in her constant vigilance, sometimes suspects me of being in on...