or Connect

Posts by jorismom

That sounds like "The Emerald Forest" except for the fact that in that movie he wasn't raised by animals he was raised by native people in the rain forest...
Beautiful!
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna That is your interpretation of reason. Not everyone sees the concept of their being a reason for everything as "gods plan". And some people did post that they felt horrific things were random. To clarify, so yeah I think things in general happen for a reason but I don't think that it's "gods plan" but it's certainly not random either. Like I quoted someone else up thread. Well, actually, that is my...
Quote: Originally Posted by BeckC That PP was me too. Oops. No offence to your dad!
Quote: Originally Posted by Arduinna Of course they do. Genocide can happen because of greed, racism, hate ect ect. A reason doesn't necessarily mean it's a justifiable one. Molestation, it's been pretty well documented I think that molesters were usually victims of molestation themselves. Doesn't make it right. Or justified. And I don't think that studies have definitively discovered why some people perpetuate the crimes committed against themselves and...
Quote: Originally Posted by number572 Well, not ALL circumstances fit ALL people I've lived this life so far with some awful experiences that I'm not about to let get me down for the rest of it! What has beaten me down HAS ALSO very much helped me gain strength & wisdom. That has been my own truth so far. Can't say that its true for everyone... I do understand, though, that one's mental power has ALOT to do with visualization for their own...
I was reading through the "everything happens for a reason" thread and it occurred to me that there is another saying which also rubs me the wrong way and which I do not agree with. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" The problem I have with this is that there are so many examples of horrible situations that people endure that don't make them stronger, but rather beat them down. Children who are brought up in extreme abuse, don't always end up stronger, do...
Quote: Originally Posted by BeckC I've thought of another reason I don't follow the belief that everything happens for a reason. It seems... self centered. I can't quite think of the perfect phrase, but that fits (and I don't mean in a vain way). I'll explain. It makes certain people more important than others. Say your child dies from a disease. And it spurns you on to open a foundation to research the disease and find a cure to save another...
When DD was an infant, both DP and I took bathes with her. It was really the most convenient way to get her clean and have some fun soaking, and relaxing. She loved it. When she was a toddler, DP started wearing his swim trunks when he bathed with her because he was more comfortable that way. Also around that time, I started taking showers with her as well as baths. DP doesn't bath with her anymore, probably since about the age of 3. DD and I still shower together...
I knew someone growing up named Ray-Marie.