or Connect

Posts by jorismom

Honestly, I can't stand that smilie. I have to do as a pp said and scroll past it as quickly as I can. If is just wasn't quite so detailed...
We had a beautiful sunset wedding at a waterfront park. Location was free (we got married on a weeknight so that it wouldn't be crowded). Scenary was beautiful--the sand, the water, the sunset. I wore a long flowing blue skirt and a lacy offwhite top and sparkly sandals. Husband wore a hawaiian shirt and khakis. My bouquet was bought at the farmer's market that day. Our daughter was the flower girl and dropped fresh rose petals from a basket. The only guests were...
Quote: Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer Dear lord, I just noticed these two together...it reminds me of that scene from Aliens. You know, if the lizard popped out and latched on to Sigourney Weaver. You just made me laugh so hard tears came to my eyes!! The only one I can't stand is the puking one.
Jori Original, not too frilly...
My DD has an unusual name that I obviously love: Jori. Original, spunky, not too girly. I like most of the names you listed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Liquesce That seems a better description of agnosticism though? Isn't a disbelief in the existence of any sort of diety saying that while we may not know how, we do know that it was not a supernatural act? An atheist doesn't believe in any diety. That doesn't mean that we don't admit that we can't prove the non-existence of dietys. Just like I can't prove that there are not invisible monkeys making the mess in my...
I am an auto insurance injury adjuster, so I think I can help. PIP stands for Personal Injury Protection coverage. It is coverage that is on YOUR auto insurance to pay for your medical bills. It pays for the bills regardless of who is at fault. HOWEVER, if someone else is at fault for your injuries (which it sounds like is the case since you are getting a settlement) then the PIP carrier (your insurance company) has a right to be paid back as part of your settlement....
I have been making it a point to take 5-10 minutes when I get home to tidy up, put things where they belong, etc, which keeps things from snowballing and turning into a huge chore at the end of the night. But, I was having a very hard time motivating DD to help in picking up her things. It is amazing how quickly she can spread her toys, books, clothes, dolls and games all over our small apartment. I hate to be a nag, and found myself just doing most of it myself. Which...
Thank you for sharing your memories of your daughter. My heart goes out to you. I search and search for the right words to give comfort, but there are none.