or Connect

Posts by rhombus

regarding solid blocks of sleep: for *months* I've been saying the same exact thing. I generally wake up to pee so many times a night, and can't ever just fall right back asleep. I usually podcast myself to sleep but it takes at least half an hour. I've been feeling like a zombie for such a long time. But this morning, I didn't wake up to pee until 6! so i just got up for the day. I'm not an early bird, but I felt SO refreshed after getting a solid 6 hours of sleep....
I'm in the same boat!   We have a girl name we're about 98% on, but nothing for a boy. It took me days to name my almost 6-yr old son after he was born, and even though there are SO MANY NAMES in the world, I kind of feel like we picked the only thing we could agree on with him, and if this is another boy, we'll be in a real pickle. Part of the trouble is that I have so many weird "rules" about names. It doesn't actually leave a large pool of contenders.   I've...
I've been drinking tons of red raspberry infusion since the start of my 3rd trimester and so far, not one noticeable contraction. About a week ago (I'm 39 weeks) I upped the strength and now use a full Cup of dried raspberry leaf per quart of boiling water (I also use 1/2 C nettles and 1/4 C each alfalfa and nettles).   It's really something of an experiment for me. I only had cups here and there of bagged raspberry leaf tea in previous pregnancies. So, even though I...
i was unable to keep any food down for the long labor of my daughter. so last time, i wasn't sure if i'd want to eat anything at all. it turns out, that i couldn't get enough fresh pineapple. so this go around, i definitely plan to have at least a couple ripe pineapples in the house. otherwise, i suppose i'll eat simple and bland things, like toast.   my midwife also recommends Recharge, but I don't care for it. i have, instead, bought electrolyte enhanced water and...
Wow, I'm impressed by those of you who can check your own cervix.  Maybe my arms are just short, but I can barely check myself when *not* pregnant. Add a little person up and under my ribs, and there is no way I can bend and reach. I guess I just assumed it would be near impossible for any pregnant woman this far along.    It's difficult enough for me to insert my nightly Evening Primrose Oil capsule! I admit that I *am* curious, though!    
I bought a liner for a La Bassine Made in Water tub. The tub was loaned to me for my *last* birth, almost 6 years ago. I didn't end up using it in that labor, but held onto it all this time. I loaned it to a friend a year ago, and she used it without a liner. Her choice, I guess. I'm a little squicked out by using a tub that has been used by a couple of people already without a liner. With shipping, I think mine came to about $40. I got the one specifically for this tub,...
I'm not "due" until November 2nd, but I guess it could happen any day. We picked a crazy, last minute time to do some much needed bathroom renovations, though, so I've been relieved that baby's staying put til we finish! All that's left now is grouting tile, which should happen tonight. And then I will be mentally ready to have a baby. But I'm really hoping for the first week of November.
I'm 38 weeks 1 day and have not yet had any discernible labor signs. Can you believe that I've never (and this is my 3rd to term pregnancy) felt a Braxton Hicks contraction?! I drink buckets of raspberry leaf infusion every day, so I like to hope that *something* is gearing up inside, but I sure haven't noticed anything.
today my midwife confirmed my suspicion that my babe is back to head down! I'm 37 weeks 5 days, so getting down to the wire, so to speak. I am so relieved! now to resume lots of walking and exercise ball bouncing to encourage baby's head to stay nice and comfy down there.   and, for the record, i never felt the baby re-flip to vertex. but suddenly I started noticing knobby movements up high that I figured must be knees or feet.
I was just telling someone today about my remarkable lack of swelling this pregnancy. I have been a puffball by this time with my other two. My blood pressure is always low (and has been through all my pregnancies) and I follow a super healthy diet. Yet, this time around, I've only had two separate instances of pitting edema, both following a lot of outside activity on sweltering hot days. I have never been this far along (37 weeks 5 days) and still had ankles! It's...