or Connect

Posts by rhombus

my first birth was a homebirth transport, and I know we rocked the boat and refused everything in the hospital. so while I don't recall specifically, I'm sure she didn't receive Vitamin K.   but for my son's homebirth, I was planning to compromise with my midwife and use the oral. She had had personal experience with a baby with a traumatic birth who had Vitamin K deficiency issues and was strongly in favor of the shot. however, after my son was born with a lot of...
maybe if i add my personal info. I'll jumpstart myself into posting here more frequently?   rhombus - april. 11/2 with #3. planning another homebirth.    
oh no! I'm 36 wks 2 days and just discovered at my midwife home visit this morning that baby is breech. For as long as position has been palpated, baby has been head down. I think the flip must have just happened within the last few days (maybe while I was sleeping, because I wasn't aware of any especially strong or flippy movements).   I will start laying inverted a few times a day, and am looking into acupuncture. But more than *what to do* I am hoping that some of...
I was feeling worried re: lack of movement this pregnancy, too. I'm 21 weeks now and *just* started feeling definitive, obvious movement within the last week or so. Have you had your appointment already?    
I'm afraid I can't offer any firsthand information about the local middle schools, as we've only homeschooled since living here. Through the grapevine, though, I have heard more favorable murmurings about Duniway than the other. The small-townish-ness of McMinnville is never so apparent to me as when considering schooling options. As in, there really are very few choices. This is a current hot topic in our house, for sure.   I do notice For Rent signs around town, in...
um, hi!   We've been in downtown McMinnville for four years now. We walk/bike all over and grow veggies in our front yard! Sadly, we don't have any simpatico neighbors, but we still enjoy our little spot quite a bit. I think it's pretty hit or miss. The housing market was such when we bought that we did not have a great slew of choices within the very downtown area. I wanted to be within small-child walking distance of park, library, store, etc., and we are! It *is*...
I thrifted the cutest little newborn sleeper (natural colored and covered with a tiny print of owls and mushrooms) several weeks ago. I wasn't going to buy *any* baby things until much further along, but it was so dear, I couldn't resist. So after laundering it I hung it on a hook in my bedroom. A little talisman of good luck, I suppose. I see it every day and hope, hope, hope this babe stays.
hey mamas! I lurk from my phone plenty, but have gotten out of the habit of sitting at a real live computer, so I haven't contributed at all here lately.   I ended up having a rocky first trimester: loads of bleeding (as in gushing, clots, the whole mess) from 7 through 11+ weeks. an ultrasound revealed that I was pregnant with triplets (!) but two of them didn't make it past 8 weeks. The worry at that point was that losing two would disrupt the viability of the...
i think it always feels unreal and almost science fictiony to me during the whole pregnancy! even in my other pregnancies, once I start feeling movement, I'm not completely convinced that it's a baby and not, like, a squirrel in there. Just the whole experience is so wonderful and bizarre together. maybe the strangeness is what makes it wonderful.    
I have a twelve year old daughter and a five year old son and we have not told them yet. I'm right at 6 weeks now. We have some extended family coming to visit soon, and I am NOT ready for them to know, so I need to wait until after that to tell my children. I am anxiously anticipating telling my daughter, in particular, as I'm pretty sure she must think I'm on death's door or something. I usually have a lot of energy and I'm not much of a sleeper (always stay up late...