or Connect

Posts by rhombus

I concur that the suspense is stressful! My last pregnancy resulted in a second trimester loss, so I'll be pretty nervous for a while yet with this one. So far, so good, though! I don't know when I'll decide on a care provider and have my first appointment. I'm avoiding making those decisions until I tell my older children (12 and 5) the news.   It's good to know that there are so many others of you here who understand the tentative gladness that comes from being...
hey new friends! here's my stuff:   EDD: november 2nd Name: april Age at conception / Age at delivery: 35 Location: oregon How long it took to you to get your BFP: years (wonky fertility) What number child is this for you: 3 Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): husband of 15 years, 12 year old daughter, 5 year old son, 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 5 backyard hens Baby's gender (hopes or guesses): no preference, no hunch Names you like (& are willing to...
I knew something was up or off or something about a week ago, which compelled me to take a handful of tests: all faint positives. I confirmed last night, with a dark no-nonsense second line, and this morning with a digital "pregnant". Okay, then! Let's do this thing!   Looks like I'll be due November 2nd. I have two children, 12 and 5. My last pregnancy ended in a second trimester loss, and so I'm feeling a little nervous about everything. But I'm excited! I have had...
When my little guy first started drinking, we went straight to some little stainless steel camping mugs we found at a sporting good store (maybe REI? I can't remember). I started with tiny amounts and he got the hang of it right quick, he was adeptly drinking from a non-lidded cup way before he turned one. I kept my eye out at thrift stores and found, separately over time, four little child stainless steel cups with handles (probably baby gifts that were never used) and...
Here's a plug for another cute small city: McMinnville! 45 minutes to Portland and an hour to the coast, but the quality of life here is fine on its own! Lots of independent businesses (like a toy store, a health food store and a book store, for example) and strong Buy Local campaign, a thriving farmer's market (not to mention proximity to lots of farms and produce), a picture-book lovely downtown, and a McMenamin's with a nifty rooftop restaurant! It's really a great...
Quote: Originally Posted by mandalin24kd I wouldn't do it. Nursing a little or nursing alot, is still nursing. A little bit of toxins or a lot is still, well, toxins!!! I would truly wait on that one. Have you thought of an alkaline broth? yup, I think the verdict is clear: wait. which is fine and reflects my gut instinct anyway. I have not thought of an alkaline broth. But I'd love to hear more.
When my daughter was about 3 and a half, I decided I was done nursing. This was mostly compelled by my chronic sleep deprivation, as she was still nursing frequently through the night at that point. I didn't see the point of continuing on with some day nursing if I wanted to night wean, so I made a plan to stop Cold Turkey. This is what I did: for the whole month of April, I told her we would stop nursing when we turned the calendar to May. I talked about it every day....
Is this always prohibited? Certainly I'm concerned about dumping excessive toxins straight into the milk my boy sips a few times a day, which is why I'm here asking and not jumping into it straight away. He pretty much only nurses before nap and bedtime, maybe once in bed while sleeping. Not much. But enough that he's not close to weaning (and I'm not in any hurry at all for him to stop nursing). I've had some recent health and situational hurdles which have left...
Just thought I'd mention that Hanna Andersson recently revamped their traditional designs for both long underwear and zipper suits. Instead of the soft and cozy fit they've always had, they, too, are only in snug fitting now. If they must comply with the Consumer Product Safety Commission policies on fire retardant sleepwear for children, why, oh, why can't they keep making their old style and just call them play clothes or something for pete's sake? I've emailed them...
i had an ultrasound this afternoon. it's a great relief to finally have an answer. we're pretty shaken up about this, but it wasn't a surprise. over the last week, i began to feel very deeply that something was wrong and that this pregnancy was not viable. sometimes you just know. and now i wait. i wish you all fantastic and uncomplicated pregnancies! my little guy was born in december of 05 and i found it such a lovely, magical time to birth a baby. . .