or Connect

Posts by rhombus

I'm not quite square, I'm a rhombus. get it? oh, nevermind.
thanks for all the replies, mamas. i'm still holding tight and playing the wait and see game. it's hard. the bleeding hasn't been heavy, no soaking through or gushing or anything, but it has been consistent. i'm going to give it through this next weekend, unless the situation changes drastically and i require emergency attention, and see if i can get some definitive answers next week. for a lot of other reasons, it's been a really stressful week and honestly i just am...
i've had signs of threatening miscarriage since saturday. i know it's an awful terrible burden on all of you to come here and write about this, i sure don't want to compel worrisome thoughts in anyone else's happy, healthy pregnancy, but i just need to write about it somewhere. and maybe hear a few of those "i had cramps and bleeding and everything turned out fine" stories. this is somewhat complicated by not yet having a care provider. i was trying to wait until i...
I expect to have a midwife attended homebirth, but have I chosen a midwife yet? No, no I have not. I haven't started to call around and interview or even see if anyone's still accepting December clients. There are a lot of midwives here (portland, or area), so I should be able to find *someone*, but it still seems a little overwhelming to me right now.
13 wks 2 days. (but i had some bright red bleeding today. everything's probably fine -she says hopefully- though i'm all kinds of nervous anyway)
Quote: Originally Posted by zjande Last week I hung out with a fellow ddc member, Rhombus (I hope I spelled that correctly ). That was super cool! I love knowing ddc friends irl. holy heck, that was a whole week ago already wasn't it? it was delightful to meet you and hopefully we'll cross paths more frequently. i was extra quiet and blah that day. (my one biggest pregnancy complaint this go around: nasty, nagging headaches. probably...
because all the women in my family have longer pregnancies, and since, statistically, a first time mama usually births after her "due date" i expected my first to be born late. but, no, she wasn't. she was born on her due date. so, the second time around, i just assumed i'd give birth right near my due date. i thought, hey, maybe i'd even go a little early. WRONG. I was due in November 26th and he wasn't born until the 8th of December. Longest twelve days of my...
so glad you asked because i've been wondering this exact thing. i'm 12 weeks and can't feel my uterus at all yet. i seem to recall detecting it earlier last time around (this is my third pregnancy), but who knows? maybe my memory is faulty.
me! years ago, i was a strict vegan, with a heavy reliance on raw foods, but over the last couple of years, i've found a comfortable balance with a fair amount of animal products in my diet. i don't eat any meat or flesh at all, but do consume goat dairy (not cow) and eggs. last pregnancy (two years ago), from out of nowhere i started getting mad cravings for milk, and that's when i began drinking goat milk. ordinarily, i don't even think about drinking milk. and now...
Quote: Originally Posted by zjande I don't suppose you guys happen to homeschool? Our weekly homeschoolers park day is in Tigard. What does your husband do for work? I think this makes at least 5 of us in the pdx area in our ddc! why, yes! we do homeschool! my girl and i used to go to the tigard park day years ago (before we moved to arizona) and i was just wondering today if it's still happening or not. my husband is developing land...