or Connect

Posts by mom2dea

Quote: Originally Posted by shanetedissac I understand. We just got our oil bill and they just delivered less than a month ago. First delivery in Dec cost $485 and this delivery cost $221. I was not budgeting enough for the increase. We have our first floor thermistats off and use our wood burning insert stove. We get the wood for free and my dh chops and stacks it year round, aint he great! In our finished basement where the TV is we keep it at 60...
Jan 1st- 52.00 at Target for Christmas items for next year (75% off ) Also paid the bills for the next 2 weeks .$ 20.00 gas in Dh car . Jan 2nd - No spend and no leaving the house today Jan 3rd - No Spend we did drive to home depot to look at doors and windows . Jan 4th - Drs in the monring then then we went and got food for the house spent 24.00 Jan 5th - gas fo rmy van and christmas money spent for the month (we have a monthly christmas budget ) Jan 6th ...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamamilkers What I was wondering for you guys is how many of you do meal plans. I read pretty often that folks are going out to eat because of being too tired to cook and I can soooooooooo relate. Before we started budgeting we were spending upwards of $600 on going out to eat each month! Anyways, I now do meal plans for like three weeks at a time and they make it so much easier to fight the urge to go out. I know what I...
Jan 1st- 52.00 at Target for Christmas items for next year (75% off ) Also paid the bills for the next 2 weeks .$ 20.00 gas in Dh car . Jan 2nd - No spend and no leaving the house today Jan 3rd - No Spend we did drive to home depot to look at doors and windows . Jan 4th - Drs in the monring then then we went and got food for the house spent 24.00 Jan 5th - gas fo rmy van and christmas money spent for the month (we have a monthly christmas budget ) Jan 6th ...
WTG Jamie !!!!!!!!!! Paying off Greenbriar apartments 1140.00 today with Dh bonus money !!!!!!!!!!! Now we are trying to decide if we should save for door replacment (for heating cost) or pay towards another cc .
We are thinking about selling our portable DVD player . We sold a refridgarator that was left here when we moved here .
Chiro and haircuts come out of household budget IF there is money for them if there is not then they come out of fun cash . (Witch by the way we have none ! ) Dh get a 20 bonus for being at work ontime all month he is saving the money up for something speical at the end of the yr and it was never money that I even thought about . But other then that there is no fun money so these thigns for us have to come out of household items .
Quote: Originally Posted by Maggi315 mom2dea: Just some thoughts about heating, we used to live in an old victorian and our bill was outrageous. Here are some things we did to help: -covered windows with that plastic hair-dryer stuff. At night, we hung blankets over the curtains to keep warm in (some people do that during the day, but i NEED my sunlight. -made those door-stopper things, you can make them out of socks even, we bought cheap heavy...
Quote: Originally Posted by phatchristy Is Duke really good? I've never tried it... I hate mayo and always have Duke is the only kind I can eat . Mind you I still use very little but I buy it full price cause its the only kind I can eat . My daughter eats egg salad sandwiches every day . Thats her kick right now Special needs so she goes threw spurt of eating only 1 thing and then will switch on me without notice..lol So I need more mayo but...
Quote: Originally Posted by BetsyS But, Ragu is one of those things that goes on sale. Maybe not this week, but probably in the next 6 weeks. So, you clip the coupon, and it goes on buy one get one sale--making it $1/jar. Then, if you have a 25 cent coupon doubled, your final price is 50 cents a jar. Which is cheaper than the store brand. Now, I don't like Ragu. So, I don't clip those coupons. No matter how cheap it is, we like homemade sauce. ...