or Connect

Posts by sweetcheeks

When we go out with the kids, it's usually about a $50-60 tab. We go to the same place each time as it's the only restaurant in our town that has gluten-free choices for DD. We go there probably every 8 weeks. DH and I usually go out for lunch once/week (we both work FT) and we either go to the locally owned sushi place (a $35 tab for AYCE sushi for the both of us) or East Indian place that runs about $30 for both of us. Once a year, we go all out and get together with...
It definitely depends on the age gap, i think. I thought going from 1 to 2 was a breeze b/c DS1 was only 26 months when DD was born and he was still very much a "baby" himself and I was still getting up during the night with him and changing diapers and stuff like that. Going from 2 to 3 was hard for me but I think it had to do with the fact when DS2 was born, DD was almost 3 and very independent and we were well out of the baby phase. There were no more diapers, no...
Anything that is disregarded when it comes to safety is an automatic game over here. And like meetoo, there are no warnings here or second chances when it comes to safety issues. My oldest boy was a bolter and while we were out, whether it on a walk around the neighborhood, at the store, or playground, if he ran off, we left immediately and went home. When we'd go out on walks, he'd either have to sit in the stroller or if he wanted to walk, he was not allowed to walk...
Hmm... let's see...   I recently returned to the work force FT by choice. I was perfectly happy as a SAHM but decided on a whim to throw my name in for a position at city hall. Got an interview, got offered the job and it was opportunity I could not pass up. And you know what? My kids (and me too!) are perfectly happy with going to before school program and daycare. Our DCP loves my kids as if they were her own. I love my job and I feel this helps me appreciate the...
Evel Knievel, Jr.   I swear this child's goal is to give me a heart attack before I turn 31.
My working situation right now is pretty ideal for me/us. I work about 20-25 hrs/week (evenings and weekends) and over school breaks, when the kids go visit their grandparents, I pick up more hours. It works out great... I started this job back in September, after being a FT SAHM for over 6 years. It was the perfect time for me to go back, our youngest entered the preschooler stage and our older 2 are school age. I was feeling the itch to do "something" aside from...
I haven't read all the replies but I wouldn't worry yet. He's still really young. A friend of mine is a speech language pathologist and when I talked to her about some concerns I had about my youngest DS when he turned 2 (will be 3 in May), she wasn't worried at all. But, I know it's hard not too worry! We are moms after all! :)   My oldest boy didn't start talking until he was almost 3. He would occasionally repeat words or short phrases but mostly talked in this...
Bumping this thread back up to show off our basement renovation.   Our house has 850 sq. ft. on the main floor -- 2 BR, 1 bath -- and the full size basement, pre-renovation, had a storage room, a large open area we used as a playroom and computer area, and 1 bedroom with a window that barely met code. Which meant we were not comfortable having our oldest down there. With the 5 of us squeezed into the 2 small bedrooms upstairs, it was getting cramped. Moving to a bigger...
Wow, OP, just wow. I can't believe you actually sent that email and with that link. If I received an email like that, I would view the sender as a bully. Because you are bullying the other parents with that passive-aggressive email about modeling good behavior when you cross paths... that little bit really rubs me the wrong way because it's almost like you're telling them you're going to be nice not because you WANT to be nice to them but because you feel like you have...
My DD (5) is in the pre-competitive program at our gymnastics club and she loves it. Ever since she saw the gymnasts in the Beijing Olympics in 2008 (and she was just 3), she has stated that is what she wants to do. But she only practices 2x a week for a total of 3 hours. I don't think, at this age, I'd be comfortable with her doing anymore... I mean, she's only 5! IMO, 6 hours/week of practice seems like a lot at that age... our club doesn't even allow girls that age in...