or Connect

Posts by JERENAUD

I would suggest contacting the job centre at the university.  It's been years since I went there, so I don't have the contact information anymore, but I'm sure that the main switchboard could direct you.  As a student, I found several jobs that way.  No matter what you do you'll end up with a stranger, but if your ad. is specific and you get references, you should have good luck.     Erica  
I am so glad to see this thread!  I've always thought I wasn't doing all that well with my grocery budget, but it seems that I'm doing comparatively well.  For the previous poster who couldn't believe that the juice was $3.99 - at our old house it would have been $7.99 and I haven't even dared to look here!    I would definitely say that we have a high cost of living, food wise, but we're in Yukon.  We (ideally) spend about $800 per month feeding 2 adults and 3 kids...
I'm in (really really really) northern Canada. My kids only wear fleece jackets outside to play until it's about freezing. Then they wear their fleece under their coats, so that they can take off their winter coats in the van but still be warm. It really doesn't take long for the vehicle to get above freezing, even if it's still cold, and the kids seem to do just fine with their fleeces for warmth. Mine are 1, 4 and 7, by the way. I do realize though that it's all...
Quote: Originally Posted by just_lily How much snow are we talking about? Around here a lot of people use bike trailers as strollers. The big wheels help them navigate snow quite well, and since they can be enclosed they are good for biting winter wind as well. Exactly. That's what I do, and what most people in my community do. Don't get me wrong, it's still a lot of work to push 80 pounds (my older child, my toddler and the weight of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Lilya yeahwhat, yep. there is really only water in one bend of pipe, so that it keeps sewer smells from coming in. bri, rats flee a sinking ship, right? is that the only place to be safe from them? can anyone thing of another place? maybe Antarctica? The province of Alberta (Canada) prides itself on not having rats within its borders. Don't ask me how, given that as far as I know there are rats in the...
Bububebe with either aristocrat or royal buns covers. The bububebes have 3 separate snap in liners; during the day I tend to use one or two, but at night I use all 3. I wouldn't say that she's a heavy wetter, but she is seventeen months. Erica
Quote: Originally Posted by mamamille Fyrestorrm- both social worker friends that I talked to said it wasn't a big deal and that I should let them in and talk to them... that being defensive might just cause suspicion... Do you know anyone with a no vax neglect case? I worked in child protection in ON. Their laws are bound to be different than yours, but I imagine that the same overall set up applies. I always tried to convince people to just...
Quote: Originally Posted by emski4379 I have a pattern for PJ's, but it's in kid sizes. I need to make some in a size 2T (or thereabouts) for my DD. Anyone have any recs for some good, easy patterns? I've only just started sewing, so it would need to be something simple. Thanks! Any special requirements? Footed/ one piece/ diaper accessible/ etc.? For just basic pajamas, I'd suggest looking at www.youcanmakethis.com and looking for carla...
My youngest shocked me by prefering to put herself to sleep from a *very* early age. She was tiny, just a few months old. But then she hit 16 months or so and get hysterical if she even *thinks* that we're going to leave the room. This has been going on for a month or so now, I'm just waiting it out. So my answer is that a: it can vary widely b: it's always a work in progress and c: 18 months could easily still be part of whatever phase mine is currently in. Erica
Quote: Originally Posted by ChetMC It would help to know where the OP lives specifically. She mentioned using public transit though and going "blocks" to the grocery store so it doesn't sound like she's in a tiny town. Yeah, I noticed the public transit reference when I re read to original post... after I posted. Sorry to take everyone down a rabbit trail that appears to be irrelevant! Public Transit likely means Edmonton, Grande Prairie,...