or Connect

Posts by jasper28

Just fyi..you can PM me. My friend is enrolling her children there next year. Maybe you can chat before the first day.
I have not read all the replies, but I will add my $.02 in.... All of the 'early' parenting AP vs. mainstream judgements and 'stuff' really does lessen once your children are older. It is rare that someone will ask you if your 7 year old was breastfed. I think as new parents we tend to see differences when you are practicing a more 'ap' style parenting than trying to find similarities. I breastfed, was adamant against not CIO and still have all 4 (yes 4) of my children...
My twins are 3 1/2 now, but the best 'lifesavers' that I had included, an awesome stroller, a great breastpump, a mommy's helper to come over in the afternoons, and a good coffee maker ;)   I had the double snap-n-go which is great for the early days. Then, I got the phil and teds stroller when they were a little older. Using the infant carriers as long as possible is mandatory when you have two little ones.   I had an ergo baby carrier and then I usually had the...
What? Wow. That's really sad.  My son loved her, my daughter was a bit scared of her, but she was very personable in an office where personality and touchy-feely moments were few and far  between.   Well....they are typically overbooked ;)
I am 29w3d and I feel like the next 10 weeks could not go fast enough. This is my 3rd pregnancy, 4th child -- and yes, even the twins pregnancy was easier for me too. I'm tired of being big, heartburn and not being able to chase the twins. The pregnancy so far seems to have flown by, but now that I'm in final countdown mode -- it seems like time has stood still. I have little hope of going early since I carried my first to 40w4d and the twins until I was induced at...
I sweetly and politely declined my sister's wishes to throw me a shower -- for my 4th baby!!! I have everything I need. Please use your time and energy to bake casseroles for my freezer that you will kindly drop off at the door with no expectations following the birth -- lol. We need support and help, not ribbons and bibs. I loved my shower for my first. It was such an incredibly exciting time that I wanted to share with everyone. This time, we are so excited to meet...
We have decided to enroll our son in the French program. I think overall you have to believe in the concept of language immersion to enter any type of language program, you know?? I have hosted au pairs for 3 years and I truly believe in the how well immersion works so that isn't an issue for us. The issue was that I have heard mixed reviews about how well the school is run. I have caught up with a few parents who stuck it out through the early 'chaotic' times and seem...
Quote: Originally Posted by april mama I was wondering if anybody has had any luck in having their doula reimbursed by FsaFeds. According to their website, "If the doula is a licensed health care professional who renders medical care, his or her fees can be reimbursed." I've submitted a receipt from my doula, as well as a letter of medical necessity from my midwife, but it keeps getting denied. Anybody have any experience with this? Thanks in...
Can I recommend myself, Bethany Thomas?? I am a DONA certified doula who has attended births at AAMC, Mercy, Sinai and GBMC. I also recommend Chesapeake Birth Companions who graciously let me shadow with them last summer
My son was offered a spot at Baltimore International Academy in the French kindergarten. Although we adore the idea of immersion kindergarten, we are hearing mixed reviews from sources that aren't exactly first-hand.....if anyone knows anyone who has attended the school, or can pass along info of someone who has attended, I would love to talk to someone first-hand. This is such an important decision and we are going back and forth about what to do. Thanks in advance!...