or Connect

Posts by sparklefairy

At that age, if it really bugged me so much to have it yanked down, I would not hang it -- it's not worth the stress. (And it would -- I just went through this with a pair of kittens. They've abandoned that towel for pulling out the bathtub drain and stealing it.) I agree about time out for dad! When people describe putting baby in the crib while the parent cools down, I think of that as time out for mom or dad -- not a punishment, but a break.
Quote: Originally Posted by sohj Yeah. I assume she is in "Child Sex Abuse" class as she is headed for some job that requires the recognition of such. She will be using her "opinion" when evaluating cases. Yes, this is what I was thinking. Not "tell on her" but "share your concern."
I don't see it as any less respectful than being strapped in a stroller. My kids hated the stroller. I didn't try an external synthetic umbilical cord though.
Quote: Originally Posted by aywilkes I have an 8 yr. old and I am trying to stick with GD but fall off the wagon sometimes since it is not where I started from. I think it extends beyond fear of what others think. For example, My sister and I got into this big argument because she told my ds she was going to spank him the NEXT time he hit her daughter. Daughter is 6. I got pissed and said let's go home. I can understand why she got tired of my child...
Quote: Originally Posted by kfowler He's currently on Enfamil Lactose Free. The ped had originally thought that the spitting up and bad gas/constipation could be due to lactose intolerance. (I am lactose intolerant.) The spitting up stopped but the gas/constipation stayed pretty much the same. Other than possible lactose intolerance, no mention of food allergies has been made by his ped. Lactose Intolerance is the inability to digest milk...
Quote: Originally Posted by The4OfUs I read somewhere here recently someone posted that they aren't looking for their child to be obedient, but they are looking for them to be cooperative. I liked that. It's that whole "team" dynamic (which can include a parent as the "coach" or "captain"), as opposed to the "us versus them" dynamic that the term obedience brings to mind. Hey, thanks for the reminder! I definitely need to remember this -- I...
Quote: Originally Posted by IAMINSANE I have a little boy who is 4 1/2 and a little girl who is 9 months. I think the only strengths I tecognize right now are the fact that my homeschooling is going really well and so is my bf. That is about it right now. Although I am struggling with depression so that is really clouding my view at times. And things can really get fun when the baby gets mobile!
Quote: Originally Posted by IAMINSANE Ok now that seems more reasonable. At first I thought you meant just be permissive and let them do whatever they want no matter what. But see I give them reasons they should obey I don't just say do it because I told you so. I think that reasons sometimes come later. And sometimes "you already heard the reason, yesterday, the day before, the day before that, and the day before that. Discussing this further...
Quote: Originally Posted by IAMINSANE See I feel kids should do what their parents ask. It is for their safety and to teach them how to behave with others. I dont' see anything wrong with expecting them to obey. Now adults well their adults and should have been taught when they were a child how to behave so I should have to tell them what to do LOL. Children who are taught to obey "just because" are being groomed for predators and for future...
I'd be tempted to ask something ridiculous like, "oh good! I've been meaning to ask if you'll do the last few weeks for me" or something. Or at least, "Where did you get your medical degree? My doctor disagrees with you, and I don't feel I can honor a second opinion without seeing some credentials." (I realize I'm making a leap in assuming that because you're carrying twins, you're seeing a doctor. Only doctors in my state are legally permitted to attend twin births, to...