or Connect

Posts by sparklefairy

Quote: Originally Posted by Kaitnbugsmom Would you want to be intimate and 'bare your heart, body and soul' as it were, share the gift that is your sexuality, with someone who got so much obvious pleasure out of publicly deriding you as the OP's DH did? I wouldn't. It wouldn't even be about 'going on strike' it would flat be 'if that's how little respect you have for me, and how shallow your love for me is that you would use what you percieve as...
Human milk is still species-appropriate for human children after that mysterious one-year mark. I'll bet that his height and weight are in higher percentiles on the new WHO charts.
Is he truly deficient or lower than the middle of the normal range? I ask because I know people who have been told that their children need to be supplimented when in fact they only lower than the average of the normal range. The iron in cereal and formula is not well absorbed, nor is the iron in spinach, if I'm remembering correctly.
The AAP's last statement included a blurb about how nursing to age three (or something like that) has not been shown to cause any emotional problems. I hate the way it's worded, but it's what we've got for now.
I've felt more relief in this with separating from my crappy husband and no longer having someone around who felt entitled to grabbing any part of my body at any time. I don't remember feeling that way with babies, but as they become toddlers, I feel okay about setting limits and expecting them to have respect for me physically.
I think I'd prefer to be surprised. There is so much more to a chart than just the sun sign.
Being careful not to play favorites, foster competition, or emphasize their disagreements. Sorry it's a negative message so far! I find that my two don't always know when they need time apart, so I separate them when they seem to just be getting on each others' nerves. (I've got 25some years on them and I don't always realize that I need some space before I start getting grouchy!) It's not the end of the world if they disagree/fight/"don't like" each other for...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaydens_mom However when my s/o gets home to find the dishes are not done (yet i have cleaned the entire house instead of taking a nap even though i have been up since 6am running after a 2 year old), he still chooses to give me the 3rd degree about my role around the house. anyone else have this problem ?! any suggestions?! Had. I wish I could have gone to his workplace and second-guessed and criticized...
Quote: Originally Posted by bri276 MILs are often less than helpful in post partum situations, doula or not, sometimes that grandmother gene just kicks in on overload and they mother instead of grandmother. This can severely undermine a new mom's ability- especially one who is young. I don't think you did anything wrong, and at least you got the baby to have some colostrum. There is truly nothing anyone can do once someone makes up their mind that...
These categories don't account for different developmental stages. Both of my kids went through stages when they would not engage strangers (or even people they knew), and at this point, they are not upset at all to see me leave. I would say "secure attachment" for both, though. Now that I've read more of the responses, I have to say that these categories don't account for individual differences. After watching a lot of different reactions to beginning K this past...