or Connect

Posts by eightyferrettoes

Quote: Originally Posted by wonderwahine I would have been all over that club like white on rice!!! I started cross stitching at 12 but noone in my school was as dorky as me, their pass times were music, sports, cutting class, smoking and getting pregnant, which is why we only had 7 graduating seniors. Hey, cross-stitching might be the Official Craft of Dorks, but at least it never got anyone knocked up. If it did, please nobody tell me...
oh, I loved our old home ec teacher. The only thing I didn't like was that you had to share the teensy kitchen and divide a simple recipe among, like, five kids. "You pour in the milk, I'll stir, and then Kylie can put it in the oven." She had a cross-stitch club that met at lunch. Lifesaver for a dorky towheaded poor girl. Gave us misfits somewhere warm and inviting to go.
I love swiss chard, but it has to be the kind with the red stems. And fresh spinach! And sweet peas. I am growing three different kinds this year, that I may have a crop of peas till the vines freeze.
If the mom were even halfway looking, then no. If she was carefully studying the melon display looking for a ripe one, then probably. "oh, angel, does your mama know you've got that on your head?" Anyway, I'm kind of with thismama on the relative actual danger of plastic bags. I've let my baby crinkle one in her hand, and you'd be amazed by how many people seem to think it can jump out and strangle a baby, yk? I mean, I wouldn't stick it in her CRIB and close...
Really depends on how many hours he's working. When he was putting in just eight or nine hours a day, we were more equitable about splitting the housework. He has decided to work more hours in hopes of landing a promotion and to make a little extra money, so now I've taken on basically all the housework. Even the lawn mowing. I've gotten better at juggling it all, out of sheer necessity. And I've also gotten better at demanding my own time off-- I refuse to work 16-18...
I don't see why not. The "lead" is really just graphite, and the shavings are just wood shavings. As to whether it's WORTH the effort, I dunno. But hey, you're talking to a woman who also composts dryer lint, hair from hairbrushes, and my own pee, so, sure! Every little bit helps, I say.
hey, and I'm doing the tire method this year, too, just for kicks. The tire-grown plants are HUGE compared to the ones in my regular raised beds! I called the cooperative ext. and the lady there said not to do it, because the tire could break down into all kinds of noxious chemicals that aren't safe for human consumption. I said, "eh, sod-it-all" and went ahead with the project, cuz once I get an idea into my head it's hard for me to be talked out of it. : But...
No, they are the actual seeds of the potato plant. You can cut em open and look at the little seeds. But nobody actually uses them. I was actually just reading a blog entry about true potato seeds; the author said that potatoes are tetraploid instead of diploid like most other organisms. So growing taters from true seed is pretty much like playing the lotto-- you could get practically ANYTHING, so everyone does vegetative propogation (saving tubers for the next...
combo. Child #1 was unplanned (but we were soooooo irresponsible that she wasn't really a suprise, either ) Child #2 was planned. We discovered that we both hate "officially TTCing" though. Child #3 was sort of "nature taking its course" but rather sooner than I had imagined. Next kid will be planned. Even if it means having to go through Official TTC again.
aw, you know it's bad if you even missed boodafli. I was drinking again. Bad Mommy. But how does one stay married without copious booze?