or Connect

Posts by Getz

Our studio split the recital into two performances.  The senior girls (they have a competitive team) had their main recital on Friday night with all the solos, etc and the recreational dancers were on Saturday.  There was no way in hades I would sit through a 4 hour recital, and can't imagine expecting my 5 yr old DS to sit through it.   My DD is 4 and stayed back stage the whole time.  The older girls helped entertain the younger ones (which my DD just loved) they...
My iPhone is a useful tool to keep the kids occupied but I try to use it sparingly to maximize it's effectiveness!    DH and I get into tiffs about when to pull out the iPhone.  He is of the "give it to them immediately" camp and I am in the "wait and see" camp.  I don't want my kids to be in any given spot and the second they have to wait, I shove an electronic in their face.  Will I use it so I can check my groceries out in peace?  Oh yes.   I took my son out...
Good gracious, my DH doesn't care what I am wearing when he gets home.  I'd like to think we are a bit more evolved than that.    When he gets home, he goes and puts on his ratty house clothes.  Then the 4 of us spend a bit of time together and then he works for a few hours in his office.    Now, I do like to have the house cleaned up when he gets home.  More for my benefit than his.    Maybe I am a more hardcore feminist SAHM than most.  I am raising kids...
My daughter said nothing at 16 mos (hardly any babble.) I was worried too. It seemed like overnight, around 18 mos she was speaking in clear sentences. It was just crazy. Like other PPs said, if she understands you I wouldn't be too concerned yet. My son had more words at 16 mos than his sister but he wasn't speaking clearly well after age 2.
I had a 16 mos old and a 3 mos old. But we tried to leave the house at least once a day. Sometimes it was something small like a trip to the grocery store, or bigger like to the zoo. My kids enjoy going out, they behave better and it is better for my own mental well being. Even a simple walk around the neighborhood counts as an outing for me! (because I usually try to brush my teeth before we leave. )
I think it odd that the neighbor was pressuring you to rent the place. She should have taken the first no as your final answer. At first I was thinking I would rent the guest cottage (but a hell no to the preparing them breakfast) but then you have to worry about how they will care for the place/smoking and it would be gross to clean up after them. I would have totally let the old friend stay though, it isn't like he would be in your actual home. I was very...
I gave DH a taste of the medicine today. Lately I have been feeling really resentful because I get up super early with the kids and he sleeps in. (He works from home) Today I took a nap and he tried to get some work done with the kids. He said, I will never judge you for not being able to do anything with these two around, it's impossible! LOL
Like many PP, I write/eat left-handed and do everything else with either hand. Mostly from necessity. Annoyances are scissors and measuring cups! My 4.5 son still uses both hands, so we aren't sure what hand he will end up using. I do worry about my 3.5 DD because she is dominant leftie. She has NEVER used her right hand. And I was noticing in dance class that she is much stronger on her entire left side. I hope as she matures she can use her right hand because...
Quote: Originally Posted by MeepyCat I think my issue is that this is an incredibly self-serving revelation. She's felt guilty for years because she didn't help her son when he was being treated (she felt) wrongly, and she has felt bad lately for failing to help her nephew, but now God has told her it's fine! They're supposed to suffer! She doesn't have to do anything after all! Neither does anyone else! She, and the entire family, can all sit...
Quote: Originally Posted by lach If they're going to be rude and inconsiderate, I think you're well within your rights to be rude right back. "I'd love to! Of course, you know how tight things are, so obviously you'll be paying. Man, things have been stressful lately, I could really knock back a Martini or five. You don't mind if I order the top shelf stuff, do you?" LOL, that can back-fire too. I actually ended a budding friendship last...