or Connect

Posts by snapper mamma

6-7 days a week. I am in triathlon season right now so I also do a lot of "bricks" or two a days of running, biking (or spin), and swimming. I also squeeze in a hot yoga class or two and some strength training. I train with two great friends and we have a blast so it also doubles as my social time which is probably why we do so much (and don't take rest days as often as we should)!
ChristaN - I was a marine biologist until my second child was born and I just wanted to agree with others that I can't think of a way to get through even undergrad without dissections. They are a huge part of Invertebrate Zoology and Icthyology classes. Can't think of any Marine Biology program in which those classes would be optional.
Well my almost completely media free 5yo knows a few songs by miley cyrus (she does not know yet that HM and MC are the same person), Lady Gaga, K$sha, Black Eyed Peas and more. I can't really tell you how it happened.. I use some to work out so she has heard me play them (oops) and then some of the girls at her VERY anti-media Montessori school know the songs and then she found the local pop radio station on the CD player we have in her room (oh the sweetest lullabies it...
Hi! I can't call myself a triathlete yet but I am training now for my first sprint in March!! I am training with 3 other women and we have hired a coach. We are all in good shape and have been working out 6 days a week for a long time but now we are specifically training for the race. I have been doing a very high intensity spin class 2-3 days a week, running 3-4 days, lifting 2-3 and then some yoga for stretching. We have added the pool with the coach this week and...
I have some experience but I am not sure if my story directly relates to your situation? (Background info: My DH was married and had a child then had a vas as a very young (pre 30) age due to his X's insistence. They got a divorce, we got married and very much wanted children). Dh's reversal was 10 years out from the vas which makes it more challenging but it was successful EXCEPT.....at some point DH developed anti-sperm antibodies so we were unable to get pregnant...
I am also a WW and for me running is not enough. I run one or two days a week and run 5k at a pretty steady clip and I only burn about 400 calories. So early on into my WW journey I added spinning (50 mins about 800 calories), weight training (which I do after I run the 5K) and hot yoga. My body is getting so toned and strong and I am losing 2 lbs a week on average (about 30 lbs. so far) and I can add more calories into my diet. For me weight training and buliding...
Ugh me too. I have lost 30 lbs in the past 3 months and feel soo great about my body....except my breasts. They are like deflated balloons They have gotten smaller but they are still big-yet saggy at the same time. It sucks. I really think I am going to have the surgery. We may try for one more baby next summer so I will wait until after that so it doesn't interfere with BFing but I feel pretty set on my decision to get them fixed. I am not a person who is overly...
I have been doing WW now for about 11 weeks. Since the first week I have been consistently losing 2 pounds or so per week (around 21 pounds total). I have been exercizing regularly since week 2. In the past month or so I have really stepped up my workouts. Last week I started working with a trainer once a week and then this week I added weights in to my routine. I had two really hard workouts with my trainer yesterday and the day before (had to do back to back for...
Hi! I just wanted to chime in that I am on WW and am steadily losing 2 lbs/wk(20 so far) and I eat very little no/low fat food. I buy almost all my groceries at Whole Foods and they don't carry that stuff anyway. I was worried about the same thing when I joined b/c at the meetings people seem to talk about all these foods that are great for WW (like those 100 calorie snack packs and WW desserts, breads etc..) and I just won't feed myself or my family that stuff. I use...
Quote: Originally Posted by phatchristy It seems that some do require coverage in certain states. IIRC, IVF is mandated to be covered in about 5 states including Massachusettes and Ohio.