or Connect

Posts by Moss's Mommy

I think I'm going to get food stamps back. I think it was just a 6 month thing and I needed to re apply or whatever they do. And since I don't have an address I guess I didn't get any correspondence. But my internet account thing with them says I don't need to reapply until January of 2010. She told me it could be a while until they get turned on, but again, according to the law, if you have been in a domestic violence situation or are homeless you have the right to ...
definitely have him pay through the state. That's the best advice. That takes you out of the equation.
If your assets are more than 2,000 dollars you can't get cash assistance. And if you get more than 200 dollars a month, you can't get cash assistance. Under "normal" circumstances. But since this stimulus arrived, it seems muddled. And discretionary to me.
And here is the email I sent to My Congressman. Feel free to use it. Dear Mr. Drake, I have exhausted myself searching for help and it appears there is none. Here's my story: I'm a single mother of a 7 year old boy named Henry Moss Ivy. I filed for a divorce from his father in 2007 because he was abusive and I no longer wanted my son to grow up in that environment. In fact, I had the divorce papers served on him at his assault hearing after he broke into...
The caseworker said that I don't qualify for any other form of assistance. But according to this (the law) I do: http://www.endhomelessness.org/conte...le/detail/2200 The TANF Emergency Contingency Fund can be used to reimburse states for up to 80 percent of increased expenditures in the provision of non-recurrent, short term benefits. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, non-recurrent, short-term benefits: * are designed to deal...
That's what everybody says... to go up North. How far up North? I will do that if I have to.
Oh yeah.... I had to go through the DCF thing. But I explained to her that because of poverty, I had to make a decision that under normal circumstances nobody would have to make. Thank God I didn't get my son taken. I was really scared of that. They totally put my parenting under a microscope. What is that SSI you mentioned? The dv shelter here totally sucked. I never expected them to be so unhelpful and patriarchal but since they have to suck up to the big money...
that's probably most of us........... So I just got out of a domestic violence shelter after having to make a decision no one should ever have to make.... to go back to abusive x husband who I have been divorced from for years and who I really don't know anymore. Really fed up situation... Anyhow... last year I lost my job, got evicted, starved, and lost my mind. I only had $500 coming in in income a month, owed $8000 child support, and my entire tax check was...
Oh my God you don't even know!!!!!!!!!!! I just got out of a domestic violence shelter after having to make a decision I thought I'd never have to make..... to go back to my x husband who I've been divorced from for years and who I really don't even know anymore!!!!!!!! DCF.... all that yumminess!
It's such a hard time historically to be going off on your own. I know. Hugs and Blessings, strength courage, love to you. I know I'd rather live in a card board box than kept in my "Fake marriage." and Mine was such an addict and alcoholic. He's actually in a lovely relationship doing fine now.... and I told him if he loved me he wouldn't do those things to me. I guess now that he's found someone he really does love, he doesn't have to take all of those drugs to numb...